Fantastic diorama, and you're very welcome Alan. (They are actually mostly Revell decals, only the wing roundels are Airfix). Just left a comment on your GB thread regarding maybe a clear acrylic stand for extra effect.
Re the strut issue, I first glued the lower wings in place on mine, and the centre struts on the fuselage (because they were the same colour as the fuse). I then glued the wing struts into the top wing, again as same colour, but also to fill the big join, and held the top wing in place on the kit with rubber bands around the wings to keep them straight while these dried.
When dry, I was able to remove the top wing with struts in position, and paint and mark them as a seperate unit before attaching permanently. (Atleast until we moved, when they received their first breakage and losses...all repairs since then!)
(Playing with the camera. Photographed against my son's space blanket

- still some touch-ups to be done since the last repairs.)