German Guncam footage

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pretty one sided, Wonder if that one could have been a bit propagandized ???

Still fascinating to watch tho!

Gotta love my T-1 . . . running at 100Mbps right now; video took about two minutes to download.

Charlie,

Brutal video you posted showing the B-17 getting hit -also the German pilot... a hot shooter-...if the tail gunner was there, at the tail guns, poor guy...he was surely reduced to a smokey bloody pulp.

Do you live in Buenos Aires? I will be there next week. Have to see what my Argentinian harem is up to...sure lots of conspiracies. )

Its pretty easy for us to sit back and watch young men inside of planes being butchered by cannon fire. It would not be so easy if they were our fathers or brothers. It happened to both sides and I will be the first to admit that its an awe inspiring experience to watch these combats, but I try to keep a bit of heart, and respect reserved for these young (at the time) people who died in horrible and tragic ways to do what they thought was right.

Just an old dog sounding off!

A word of caution for those of you having dial up modems. I think many of you have this before. It's a compilation of 20 German gun cams that has been posted many times in different forums. Try this link at YouTube and see if you have seen it before. If not, then DL it. It's a good find.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjlN49szFOc

Well, I dont remember any post of mine being disrispectful with the ww2 veterans/victims, if was so I apologize.

CharlesBronson

Well, I dont remember any post of mine beig disrispectful with the ww2 veterans/victims, if was so I apologize.

Oh, no, that wasn't it at all. I just wanted to convey how tough it must have been for those who were on the receiving end. This forum and those on it are as respectful of history as could be asked for, so my apologies in return.

When I am in IL2 I am just as mean and deadly as is required!!!!

Wow. Interesting to see that Luftwaffe tactics were to destroy stragglers as opposed to taking them out of the fight and focus upon other bombers. Probably sheer adrenalin in the fight. I can fully understand that stragglers represented easy prey. But if you count German fighter intercepts BEFORE USAF targets, it makes more sense to just take the B-17s out of the bomber formation. If these guncams are post objective, then it appears these guncams are focusing on reducing bomber crews and bomber resources.

Perhaps the sheer fear of combat is weighing in here. Those are powerful scenes, CB. Very powerful.

Users who are viewing this thread