German Guncam footage

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

can you post this last vid CB in a different format for some stupid reason the web-site closes the vid on me. if it is the vid I think it is and I have owned it for some 20 plus years it may not be from JG 3 SturmFw's

E ` thanks if possible

thanks CB, I'll be back to explain this video further, it's not all Fw's obviously the rear attacks are a definate Sturm attack though........

IV.Sturm/JG 3 are represented when they land and do a fly over their airfield. 7-744 after the battle, Walter Dahl of JG 300 comes in to congratulate the pilots of Sturm-JG 3.

I have the cine films of several Sturm-FW's that are shown in the destruction of the Liberators shown the Fw 190 A-8 that flys from left to right is actually much larger on my cine film and I have slowed it way down to view whether it has a rumpfband or not, but cannot see on so yes it could be a JG 3 Sturm or JG 4 even after August of 44 as JG 4 sometimes did not have the Reichbands painted on. Interspersed with that of course are the typical Fw's from other units in different variants and also Bf 109G's and their pilots pressing the trigger button

CB

most of the Sturm-st. 1 went to form the new 11.Sturm/JG 3 unit on April 15, 1944.

the rest of Sturm-st. 1 formed the cadre for the new II.Sturm/JG 4 in August of 44.

E ~

FW-190 strafing ground targets in January 1th 1945, not sure what type is the twin engine parked, looks like a B-25.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvpnaiA5Hro

ndkjnc.jpg

Sure wish my old eyes could see better on this one! Also wish our airmen were treated that well in Nam.

the low to the ground B-24 is suppose to be from the gun stills of 109's during the defense of Ploesti

did you note the long range shots on the rear of B-24's from Bf 110G-2's with 3.7cm Flak 18's ?

did you note the long range shots on the rear of B-24's from Bf 110G-2's with 3.7cm Flak 18's ?

I did, quite interesting, too bad I dont have it in better quality.

Westland Lysander sprayed with german bullets.

Attachments

• angriffelysander.wmv
    2.4 MB · Views: 85
I replied this guy's post here in Youtube about the
poor performance of the Quad .50 AA gun compared
to the Flakvierling's MG151/20, citing an effective
range of at least 1,500 m, based on the South African
NTW-20 sniper rifle which used the MG151's cartridge.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4Y9hsbQC0k

Denel NTW-20: Facts, Discussion Forum, and Encyclopedia Article

20 mm Sniper rifle - Military Photos

I didn't realize that the MG151 had an effective range
of only 400 meters ? I had always thought that typical
ranges of 20 mm cannons were from 1,500 to 2,000 meters.

I had always thought that German single-engined fighters,
such as the Wildesaus, when making standard stern attacks,
were able to engage British bombers from way beyond the
range of the latter's .303s, which had a maximum effective
range of 400 yards.

well engaging at night with single fighters was close at hand not out at 600 yards which may have been the case with day time operations. LW fighter tactics were to get in close to ensure a kill

I replied this guy's post here in Youtube about the
poor performance of the Quad .50 AA gun compared
to the Flakvierling's MG151/20, citing an effective
range of at least 1,500 m, based on the South African
NTW-20 sniper rifle which used the MG151's cartridge.

The differences lay in that the Mauser MG 151 and the 2 cm Flak 38 did not use the same type of ammunition. The flak 20x138b catrigde has more muzzle velocity thus greater effective range.

JG 54 ace Hans Phillip guncamera, shooting down a russian fighter, apparently a MiG-3.

Attachments

• Película_0001.wmv
    8.4 MB · Views: 112

Users who are viewing this thread

Back