German Guncam footage

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

CharlesBronson

Very cool gun camera stuff.

Pretty one sided, Wonder if that one could have been a bit propagandized ???

Still fascinating to watch tho!

Pretty one sided, Wonder if that one could have been a bit propagandized

Obviously yes, those are extracted from "Die Deustche Wochenschau" the official german WW2 newsreel, the guncam are real nevertheless.

No such speed @dialup connections. 115 is an arbitrary speed set as a top limit at a time when commonplace broadband was non-existent. There is also no such thing as 56k ......52k is probably the max for dialup.

I hope you have access to broadband soon!

Gotta love my T-1 . . . running at 100Mbps right now; video took about two minutes to download.

Charlie,

Brutal video you posted showing the B-17 getting hit -also the German pilot... a hot shooter-...if the tail gunner was there, at the tail guns, poor guy...he was surely reduced to a smokey bloody pulp.

Do you live in Buenos Aires? I will be there next week. Have to see what my Argentinian harem is up to...sure lots of conspiracies. :))

Its pretty easy for us to sit back and watch young men inside of planes being butchered by cannon fire. It would not be so easy if they were our fathers or brothers. It happened to both sides and I will be the first to admit that its an awe inspiring experience to watch these combats, but I try to keep a bit of heart, and respect reserved for these young (at the time) people who died in horrible and tragic ways to do what they thought was right.

Just an old dog sounding off!

Its pretty easy for us to sit back and watch young men inside of planes being butchered by cannon fire. It would not be so easy if they were our fathers or brothers. It happened to both sides and I will be the first to admit that its an awe inspiring experience to watch these combats, but I try to keep a bit of heart, and respect reserved for these young (at the time) people who died in horrible and tragic ways to do what they thought was right.

Just an old dog sounding off!

Well, I dont remember any post of mine being disrispectful with the ww2 veterans/victims, if was so I apologize.

CharlesBronson

Well, I dont remember any post of mine beig disrispectful with the ww2 veterans/victims, if was so I apologize.

Oh, no, that wasn't it at all. I just wanted to convey how tough it must have been for those who were on the receiving end. This forum and those on it are as respectful of history as could be asked for, so my apologies in return.

When I am in IL2 I am just as mean and deadly as is required!!!!

Me-110 guncam in operation Barbarossa, strafing aerodrome and shooting down an aircraft, I am not sure but I think the russian twin engines aircraft atacked is a Lisunov, the soviet DC-3.

The units seems to be the ZG 26.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaAHyri3QFY

Attachments

• Dibujo.JPG
    Dibujo.JPG
    7.9 KB · Views: 80
Wow. Interesting to see that Luftwaffe tactics were to destroy stragglers as opposed to taking them out of the fight and focus upon other bombers. Probably sheer adrenalin in the fight. I can fully understand that stragglers represented easy prey. But if you count German fighter intercepts BEFORE USAF targets, it makes more sense to just take the B-17s out of the bomber formation. If these guncams are post objective, then it appears these guncams are focusing on reducing bomber crews and bomber resources.

Perhaps the sheer fear of combat is weighing in here. Those are powerful scenes, CB. Very powerful. :salute:

JG 3 ( sturm) vs B-24 liberators, note in this video that the acuraccy of the pilots improves with relation of my earlier clips, the shooting range is closer and the widespread use of 30mm guns caused serious damage to the bombers.

Wochenschau-Archiv

Users who are viewing this thread

Back