Getting decals made

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

PCScipio42

Airman 1st Class
May 9, 2012
Baltimore
Anyone know a company or person that makes custom decals? Specifically 1/48 B-29? I have a picture of nose art that I need done. I've attached a picture of a B-29, called "Li'l Eightball".

Attachments

• XC-560-C8A795 1272.jpg
    XC-560-C8A795 1272.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 126
Welcome aboard.

You can actually buy special paper and make one yourself on either a standard inkjet or a laser printer. Only limitation is the lack of white (there is another special printer you can use for that). Some people get around this by using white deal paper instead. Best of luck!

That looks like a personal collection photo!
You would need to have new artwork made, and looks like it would have to be made from That picture. If you enlarged it, then thru tissue paper reproduce it in color. Then scan it to a jpeg, a printer could print from that. Look on the internet for "custom waterslide decals".

Good luck with your quest mate.

Wow...thanks for the quick responses. Just getting back into modeling after a very long absence. The picture is a personal photo of my great uncle, Tom Rishell. He was a flight engineer for the 58th Bomb Wing, 462nd Bomb Group, 769th Bomb Squadron. His plane went down 5/25/1945 and has never been seen since. I am not sure if the plane in the picture is the same plane that he was in on 5/25/1945. I am trying to tie that down.
"Li'l Eightball" was a cartoon character in the early '40's created by the same artist who created "Woody Woodpecker". I will e-mail FlightDecs and see what can be donw as my art skills are sorely lacking.
Thanks again for all your help.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqR,!pQE9ePU!smdBPfPKW0cKw~~60_35.jpg
    $(KGrHqR,!pQE9ePU!smdBPfPKW0cKw~~60_35.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 8b101a.jpg
    8b101a.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 81
  • image44.gif
    image44.gif
    3.2 KB · Views: 86
Received some nice artwork from Keith. Will be getting decals soon! Thanks for all your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back