Gloster Gladiator decals

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nxthanos

Senior Airman
Jun 11, 2011
I recently bought this sheet off ebay:

Gloster Gladiator - 1/48 scale - Print Scale publishing group
0047.jpg

Unfortunetly the sheet only comes with side view, does anyone have an idea of what the gladiator top looks like for that finnish set? Its not the standard black/green combu, the side view picture they have shows something like RAF 1940 on top and an odd lt brown/light green on the side, and teh text says the wings should be black/white.

I need to see this, at least an upper view for the cammo pattern.

If anyone can help me it would be much apprciated, i intend the Finnish Gladiator to be part of group build #12.

And here you are a shot of GL-267. The image source... Suomen Ilmavoimien Historia vol.12 - Englantilaiset Havittajat book

Attachments

• Gloster GL-267.jpg
    Gloster GL-267.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 85
Excellent work boys!

You can expect to see a 1/48 Finnish Gloster Gladiator in GB #12, and my great thanks to both of you for your detective work!

Cool! Your Finnish and my (I hope!) Swedish volunteer Gladiator.... 8)
I considered the swedish version, but the kit i have is a Mk II, my swedish decals are for a mkI!

I also seriously considered the baltix states ones, how unusal they are!

Gladiator I Version powered by a single 840 hp (627 kW) Bristol Mercury IX air-cooled radial piston engine. The aircraft was designated J 8 in Swedish Air Force service. Delivered1937-38, 378 built.
Gladiator II Version powered by a single Bristol MercuryVIIIA air-cooled radial piston engine. The aircraft was designated J 8A in Swedish Air Force service, 270built.

....and here I thought that we only had Gladiator II's! :oops: :lol:

Came across this: Hkans Flygsida - Gloster Gladiators in the Swedish Air Force

That's where this pic comes from.... From the back, 23, 13, 14, 22 and 19.

Attachments

• j8-1.jpg
    j8-1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
The Finnish colour scheme was the RAF 'Shadow Compensating' colour scheme, where lighter colours were used in areas of shadow - lower wing and parts of the fuselage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back