Gloster Meteor Mk.I - Dragon 1:72

hal bregg

Senior Airman
443
893
Joined
Oct 13, 2013
Location
Poland
Hello

First (and only) full operational and combat allied jet in WW 2.
A kind of specimen, in my opinion slightly neglected by modellers...
Dragon (Cyber Hobby) model is correct, well detailed and even nice to build.
Turbines projected to be fit into model, but I decided to build them as separate elements.

Unit: 616 Sqn. RAF, Manston 1944

enfhlXv.jpg


XfDxqQO.jpg


St4mysc.jpg


WZG5kXs.jpg


jzDAaCY.jpg


dcjcxXl.jpg


Lc1XeNz.jpg


vNdebDk.jpg


nhfPtYY.jpg


ihCkjNw.jpg


kzwg4GB.jpg


NDqmSpM.jpg
 
Nice !
 
I would not have known that there was a greenish shade under the rear canopy.
Well, not 100% sure, but b/w photos say surely not black (possible in Gloster/Hawker), rather not ocean grey (it was interior part, not just fuselage covered by canopy).
So- interior green was choosen.
VPajQlb.jpg

jBzRhVF.jpg
 
Yep, this area would later have been black, but early Meteors had the original interior colour. However, this was not the yellowish-green shade of American Interior Green, but rather the standard RAF Cockpit Grey Green.
Still looks good though.
 
A good eye, Airframes. My US/RAF interior/cockpit green is... the same bottle. Sprayed lightly on grey primer in British aircraft, or on yellow base in US.
Simplification. Not working, as I see... Thx for professional opinion, I must get less lazy, and make two bottles.
 
fantastic, looks much bigger than 1/72 !
 
Impressed. 🙃
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back