Gold stolen by the Nazi's from the Amber Room may have been found.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Alot of the Gold people still dream about finding is in the Vatican - (no joke!)The incident is known as the 'Ratten-kette' in German ('The rat chain') and refers to the higher ranking officers using the gold -kept in Swiss bank accounts it seems- to pay the vatican to help them escape to South America. ALOT of Nazi's got out this way, on of my ex's father even met five of them as a young Austrian living in Brazil. They were rapt about being able to speak their native tongue again, and told him a number of interesting tales... They had a common theme, as his cousin had been involved in the forging of british pound notes in Upper Austria, alot of which were dumped in the Toplitzsee before the US troops arrived.

I seem to recall that 2 painting appeared on the market approx 10 years ago from the Amber room.

Does anyone know if the Russians have finished replicating the room?

Yes the Amber room has been reconstructed by the Russians, atleast to my knowledge. There are pictures of the new Amber room on the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back