Good Ol' Iron Annie (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jgonzalez

Airman 1st Class
Sep 30, 2007
Barranquilla, Colombia
Well guys, I finally (I think) finished my 3rd attempt to model an aircraft... This time was the turn for good ol' Aunty Junkers Ju-52. This is German-Revell's 1/48 Ju-52/3m civil version. It's annoying that german models don't include swastikas... so I hand painted mine. With the help of AutoCAD I drew the swastika to fabricate a stencil, then I airbrushed it. The wihite circle was also painted... the decal the kit included was to transparent and just didn't look good. The decals aren't the best... too thick :cussing: Overall the model had a great fit, almost any putty at all. And the ditail is superb!! Took me a month, but very fun... hope you like it. It isn't perfect at all... but still learning. Now looking forward to Eduard's BF-100C

Since the D-ALYL was used as a 1936 Berlin Summer Games propaganda, almost no weathering took place. Just a small amount of grim behind the engine exausts and little dust arround the landing gear.

IMG_1167.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1170.jpg

Thank you! Watching these pics, I just picked a few mistakes that are easy to fix. Notice that the paint job on the leading edges isn't simetric...

Yes, it is my third one. But I've aquired some experience modeling being a model railroader. I also built a lot of planes back when I was a kid.

Nice "J". I've always wanted to do some pre-war Luftwaffe models. Just picked up a Fw 200 that may see Hitler's personal touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back