Greeting

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Christy,
I am also new to the board -- I've been researching my grandfather's WWII history extensively for our family history. He was with both the 8th AF 448th BG and the 15th AF 98th BG. I just found this forum when looking at his plane serial numbers and your thread came up on google.
I live in Washington DC so I've had the advantage of being able to drive over to the National Archives to search for him. It's been a very challenging experience, with about 10 dead ends for every one success -- but it has been so worth it.
My work so far has resulted in two galleries of mission reports that I will keep adding to in order to get as many of these records online and publically accessible as possible. each is open to everyone, where you can download mission reports and photographs. I hope this helps your search!
My grandfather was "R.C. Harris" on the mission reports for the 8th -- and he flew 41-28595 (I think, the text on the mission report is now faded and blurry) on 2/28/1944; 42-52121 on 2/13/1944 and other occassions; 42-62921 (again, unsure -- text is now blurry/faded.)

Here's the galleries:
Tara Copp Connolly Photography

if anyone can help decipher his aircraft, it would be greatly appreciated! Look forward to participating and learning.
Cheers, Tara

How much information do you need? "Repulsor" was a victim of II./KG 51 intruders following the USAAF raid Mission 311 back from Hamm Marshalling Yards.

Does that tie in with what you know? If so I may be able to help considerably. I've got a ton of stuff on this incident.

Note the name under my signature:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread