Gripe Whinge

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Is it still hideous? When was the last time you were here? No matter...when ever you were last here, trust me it's even worse.

Your lucky Adler there's a bit more space between you and them I'm only a couple of hundred miles away :)

Found some gripes from US pilots
Maintenance complaints submitted by US Air Force pilots and the replies from the ground crews.

(P) Left inside main tire almost needs replacement
(S) Almost replaced left inside main tire

(P) Test flight OK, except autoland very rough,
(S) Autoland not installed on this aircraft

(P) #2 Propeller seeping prop fluid,
(S) #2 Propeller seepage normal - #1 #3 and #4 propellers lack normal seepage

(P) Something loose in cockpit
(S) Something tightened in cockpit

(P) Evidence of leak on right main landing gear
(S) Evidence removed

(P) DME volume unbelievably loud
(S) Volume set to more believable level

(P) Dead bugs on windshield
(S) Live bugs on order

(P) IFF inoperative
(S) IFF always inoperative in OFF mode

(P) Friction locks cause throttle levers to stick
(S) That's what they're there for

(P) Number three engine missing
(S) Engine found on right wing after brief search

(P) Aircraft handles funny
(S) Aircraft warned to straighten up, -fly right- and be serious

(P) Target Radar hums
(S) Reprogrammed Target Radar with the words

Very good. I was flying the other day and one of my pilots complained that his shoulder harness inertial real would not unlock. So when we landed I went and got a new inertial real to replace it out and I thought wait a minute shouldn't I troubleshoot this first. You would think that with a basic seat belt you would not need to trouble shoot. Well I played around with it and put the the system into auto lock and it worked. He had it in manual lock the whole time which keeps the restraint locked. If it is in auto lock you can move around and then in the "Oh Shit!" situations it locks up so you are stuck in your seat. The thing never needed to be replaced he just did not know how to operate it.

It really pissed me off because I feel they should no how to operate there own equipment. We get a lot of complaints like the ones you see up there.

From another post, I thought it also fit here......

An A-4 driver once reported a squawk on an aircraft stating the "Relief tube was too short." The corrective in the "Vids Maf" form was something like "relief tube and system checked for proper installation. Entire Airframes department performed an actual functional test of tube with no problems. It is recommended that the writer of this discrepancy contact medical to report that he is anatomically inferior to normal Naval maintenance personnel. Perhaps a relief tube extender may be authorized."

LOL that is good.

One of my pilots used to be a Harrier mechanic in the Marines and he told me about a pilot that wrote up a fault stating "Sounds like little man in engine with a hammer."

Well they could not find any noises or fault so they signed it off as "Took hammer away from little man."

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
LOL that is good.

One of my pilots used to be a Harrier mechanic in the Marines and he told me about a pilot that wrote up a fault stating "Sounds like little man in engine with a hammer."

Well they could not find any noises or fault so they signed it off as "Took hammer away from little man."

:lol: :violent1:

I have fortunatly not had any complaints like that or I would probably hit my pilots.

One good one was one of the mechanics wrote up a circle red x after removing my blades for a phase inspection and wrote up as restricting it from flight! That really got me, I dont think anyone was going to try and fly it with the blades removed. I know I wasn't.

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
I have fortunatly not had any complaints like that or I would probably hit my pilots.

One good one was one of the mechanics wrote up a circle red x after removing my blades for a phase inspection and wrote up as restricting it from flight! That really got me, I dont think anyone was going to try and fly it with the blades removed. I know I wasn't.

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back