Groundhog Thread Part Deux - P-39 Fantasy and Fetish - The Never Ending Story (Mods take no responsibility for head against wall injuries sustained)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

"landing reserve" I did a quick word search in the manual and several flight training handbooks, I cannot find that term. Can anyone else point me in the direction where I can find a definition of that term?

"landing reserve" I did a quick word search in the manual and several flight training handbooks, I cannot find that term. Can anyone else point me in the direction where I can find a definition of that term?
All the information you need can be found in "Never Never land".

nev·er-nev·er land

noun
noun: never-never land
  1. an imaginary utopian place or situation.

I think he means the reserve fuel which is, of course, not just for landing.

I would have thought that the actual landing would not use a lot of fuel, since gravity is helping that process!

The Spitfire Mk IX entered service in 1942 rate of climb with 66 Merlin at 30,000ft 2,125ft/min with Merlin 70 2,600ft/min

Test in Oct 1942 Spitfire Mk IX Performance Trials

Users who are viewing this thread