Groundhog Thread v. 2.0 - The most important battle of WW2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice to see this topic a bit highjacked, but that is fine. Anytime I can talk with people is good. The community of Special ops is very tight. And you are very true that people seem to not respect others as much. But in this 20th centery we have truely seen man's inhumanity to man.

Now back to Dunkirk, I read that it was Hitlers deal with Gurrings (Airforce General) to let the airforce have the prize to kill off the BEF. But the RAF would not die! When they did lanch a ground attack the English had removed 330,000 men. When they thought the best they would get was 45,000 or so.

Hiter should have allowed Rommel to move into Dunkirk with his forces and destory them before they had a chance to evacuate. I think this was a huge mistake (obviously it was). I really wonder what was going through that madmans mind at the time.

I still dont think it would have allowed Germany to win the War but it deffinatly would have tipped the scale into there favor for a very long time. The Brits would have effectively been done. I dont think they would have ever sued for peace though, I think they would have kept on trudging and eventually the Americans would have still entered and ofcourse Hitler would have made the grave mistake to attack Russia. So I dont think it would have really change anything just prolonged the war and made it worse.

It certainly would have changed things, Adler. Going back to North Africa and Operation Torch, if Hitler had the resources that were in Russia for North Africa, it certainly would have changed things dramatically. That would have likely given the Germans a victory in North Africa and they would then have access to the oilfields of the middle east. Interesting alternative history study.

Users who are viewing this thread