Groundhog Thread v. 2.0 - The most important battle of WW2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just on the subject of allies, for a second:

When it comes to Canada's position, don't believe everything you see in the media. I know some months back there was a bit of a pissin' match between the Bush government and some idiot Canadian back-benchers, from parliament. A lot of name calling and other childish horse crap! Our Prime Minister at the time, Jean Cretien, made the statement that we would support the UN decision. Ok, fine.

The simple fact of the matter is, Canada couldn't go even if we wanted to. I don't know if you're aware of the military situation in this country, but it's desperate! What few troops we do have are currently spread between Afghanistan, the Balkans (although they're due to come home), and here, and it's a fact that I and many, many Canadians find both intolerable and embarassing!

I have served with Canadian soldiers in the Balkans and they are great bunch of guys. Had a lot of fun training and working with them. One of my fellow crewchiefs is from Canada and was in the Canadian army before joining the American. He just left Iraq yesterday to go to Fort Rucker Alabama and bekome a pilot.

Most of the topics have gone "incessantly" off topic as you oput it, but they always go back to it at some point. Because there are lots of members on the site now, the times we get off topic have increased. But they always get back to the subject.

Users who are viewing this thread