Groundhog Thread v. 2.0 - The most important battle of WW2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And if you didnt want other people to get involved you should have PM'd him, not posted it in a public forum where anyone can reply...
Are u outta ur damn mind boy?? Give me a freakin break u puss... I could care less if others get involved... But for u to post all high and mighty like that is a joke.. PM if u feel the need to talk down to me.... Insults are allowed here.... And he deserved to be insulted.... Everyone complained about him and insulted him in the past.... No different now, escepecially when he said "I guess no one misses me"... Just confirming 4 him....
I dont give a toss about age difference, it means practiacally nothing in my world...
Your world??? Must be a nice place.. When i need a break from reality, Ill come visit..... That was such an immature comment... It shows ur only 15..... Im old enough to be ur Daddy... You show ur Dad and his friends disrespect??? I didnt think so...
And if you dont care about other peoples feelings you need some therapy.
Therapy and psychological drugs have already been tried.. There is no cure for me short of going and visiting the Dali Lama....
I think its good for people to show interest in the subject and wish to learn more, we cant let the memories of these great machines and pilots be forgotten...
That was by far one of the gayest and queerest comments I have yet to see on this website.... Please refrain from saying anything further like that.... U may end up warping some innocent childs mind....

Do us both a favor, and the next time u wanna insult me or embarrass me, do it by PM....... Thanks for ur cooperation and please stop by again....

Dude, it is NOT under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ok to insult someone publicly on the forums...how much did you slip horse to get him to make you a mod...

You show ur Dad and his friends disrespect??? I didnt think so...
No cos my Dad's family and itd just be retarded to insult him, but when a random guy who thinks insulting people is perfectly ok of whom im never gonna starts insulting people just because they might appear a little simple (sorry NH) then that kinda pisses me off. Generally, im a polite teenager (yes, they do exist) whos a bit quiet and doesnt get involved in things. It take a pretty screwed up person (you on drugs?) to wind me up...

That was by far one of the gayest and queerest comments I have yet to see on this website.... Please refrain from saying anything further like that.... U may end up warping some innocent childs mind....

Actually I reckon 90% of the people here would agree with me on that...hell I followed that statement nearly a year back and im glad I have a new interest.

Everyone complained about him and insulted him in the past.... No different now, escepecially when he said "I guess no one misses me"... Just confirming 4 him....

Yeah thats true, but then I asked him to to cool it off a bit and he did - credit to him. I know he aint the sites most perfect member but hes far from being a prat. And I get the feeling when he said "I guess no-one misses me" he was actually joking...

I know, its not very mature of us...The simple fact of the matter is though that Les insulted someone, being a mod I told him not to and he threw a tiff about it...

Stopping now though, lets get this back on topic 8)

I think Perl Harbor was the most important with the BOB a close second.

The BOB is critical because it was esential in fighting Germany not only location but the Brits attitude was too.

PH was important because it brought the US together in a common purpose the whole package Manufacturing included anything less would not have done the job. I think resorces/manufacturing more than any other single factor won WWII.

I ran accross a program about some of Hitlers papers - The World was his plan. Had he taken Brittan before he went after Russia he might have made it with the Isolationist bull that America was living at the time.

The most important battles of World War 2 were;

1) The Battles for Yugoslavia and Greece
Mussolini attacked Greece without telling Hitler. After Mussolini's attack attack on Greece failed, Hitler launched Operation Marita, the attack on Yugoslavia and Greece. This delayed Operation Barbarossa by two months(!) and the prescence of German troops in Yugoslavia made Soviet leaders suspicious.
So Mussolini may singlehandedly have lost the Axis the war!
http://www.feldgrau.com/greecewar.html

2) The Battle for Moscow
After Operation Barbarossa was delayed by two months, the German army reached Moscow in November, where it was beaten back by the armies of Zhukov and Panfilovec
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Moscow

Also the submarine war in the atlantic; if Hitler had allowed more U-boats to be made prior to the war, the Britain could have been starved into surrender by 1940/1941. However, if Britain had surrendered in 1940/early 1941, then Stalin would feel very nervous because the Soviet Union would be the only major power left in Europe apart from the Third Reich. So in fact it was in Hitlers advantage for Britain to remain undefeated before the launch of Operation Barbarossa to keep Stalin guessing about whether it was Britain or the Soviet Union which would be attacked next.
It is also interesting to find out how crucial the Allied convoys to the Soviet Union were. For example, the Soviet counterattack depended on American trucks to carry the Red Army troops and supplies.

a very good first post, welcome to the site, may we call you smoke?? most members have shorter names, for exaple "the lancaster kicks ass" is a bit of a mouthfull so people cal me the lanc............

lol ok, as long as everyone knows my name is nothing to do with the lame film Smokey and the Bandit

I agree there are many important battles and many brave men who fought in them. My contention is this.

In 42 the US produced 45,000+ aircraft, in 43 it was 85,000, in 44 it was 96,000+ in 45 it was 48,000+ (only half a year). Liberty ships by the hundreds. There were more than a hundred aircraft carriers at wars end. Without these materials the war simply could not be fought. Without the unifing effect of PH this would not have happened.

No ships, planes and radar the battle for the atlantic would have been won by the Germans just for instance.

So what does Smokey have to do with if not the movie?

Wmaxt makes a very interesting argument with the attack on Pearl Harbor. America's entrey into the war (and the resulting influx of manpower and industry) was a huge boost to the Allied effort. Again, I think selecting one battle is virtually impossible as very compelling arguments can be made for the BoB, Pearl Harbor, Midway, Stalingrad and numerous others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back