Gyro gun Sight Mark 8 info

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

icegif-812.gif

type I have a bomb aimer type Gyro Gun Sight Mark 8 (G.G.S Mk8): model 153fe 164fe 159fe. Where of who have any info for me?
Hello Onnie. I have a small collection of GGS gunsights, although some of it has gone now. I have found an installation diagram for the GGS Mk 8, from AP1275E Vol. 1; Sect. 5; Chap. 6 which shows the various components and an installation circuit diagram, showing circuit details of it all. I also found the details of the gunsight itself from AP1275E; Vol. 1; Sect. 4: Chap. 3 (about 7 pages). I can scan them for you if you want them. I do not know if I can put the scans on the forum or not. Can someone tell me how to do it if possible? if not I can email or transfer them to you (and anyone else who might like them).
Regards
Mike D.

Hello Onnie. I have a small collection of GGS gunsights, although some of it has gone now. I have found an installation diagram for the GGS Mk 8, from AP1275E Vol. 1; Sect. 5; Chap. 6 which shows the various components and an installation circuit diagram, showing circuit details of it all. I also found the details of the gunsight itself from AP1275E; Vol. 1; Sect. 4: Chap. 3 (about 7 pages). I can scan them for you if you want them. I do not know if I can put the scans on the forum or not. Can someone tell me how to do it if possible? if not I can email or transfer them to you (and anyone else who might like them).
Regards
Mike D.

Hi Mike. Scans of manuals are welcomed by many forum members.

I will convert the scans to a clean pdf for you and post to the forum crediting you. I have sent you a pm with my email address

Hi Mike. Scans of manuals are welcomed by many forum members.

I will convert the scans to a clean pdf for you and post to the forum crediting you. I have sent you a pm with my email address
Thank you. I will send them tomorrow. Regards
Mike D.

Here are the scans from Fortress2aZ9A converted to PDF and OCR'd.

Note that the first page is from one manual and the last three pages are from a third manual. The first page below shows the whole system, not just the sighting head itself.

View attachment 789269
Thanks Mi for putting them on the forum and for knitting together the two pages of the complete circuit diagram.
Regards. Mike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back