Hamilton Standard 3 blade prop

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

turboprop101

Recruit
Jul 1, 2024
Good day Gents.
I aquire this propeller.
Hamilton standard 3 blade.
DWG No 6477A-0
CHD G H.S.P.5
MFG No. FF 62 52
Cont AC 27334
Any ideas ?
1000092636.jpg
1000092639.jpg
1000092638.jpg

The prop blade paddle type used for later airplanes. The B-17F and G and also for the B-24D, E, G, H, J, K. Additionally used with the DC-3/C-47, C-76, C-87, C-105, C-117. The balde for the 11ft 7in propellers.

The "- 0" is part of the blade model, which means the reduction in diameter of the entire propeller assembly.
The "CHG D" is the engineering drawing change that that the blade was manufactured to.
The "H.S.P 5" is the alloy that was used to manufacturer the blade from, this is considered the "soft" alloy blade.
The "MFG. No. FF 6252" is the manufacturers serial number for the blade. The "FF" seems to be the actual contract manufacturing facility,
The "Cont..." is the contract that the blade was produced under.

The prop blade paddle type used for later airplanes. The B-17F and G and also for the B-24D, E, G, H, J, K. Additionally used with the DC-3/C-47, C-76, C-87, C-105, C-117. The balde for the 11ft 7in propellers.

The "-0" is part of the blade model, which means the reduction in diameter of the entire propeller assembly.
The "CHG D" is the engineering drawing change that that the blade was manufactured to.
The "H.S.P 5" is the alloy that was used to manufacturer the blade from, this is considered the "soft" alloy blade.
The "MFG. No. FF 6252" is the manufacturers serial number for the blade. The "FF" seems to be the actual contract manufacturing facility,
The "Cont..." is the contract that the blade was produced under.
Thank you very much. I am in South Africa an we operated quite a few Dakotas and C47. My guess is thats where it came from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back