Handley Page Heyford (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

IHOR

Recruit
Nov 14, 2010
Looking for photos or drawings of interior, including cockpit and fusulage. Thanks in advancve for any help.

Hi IHOR, welcome aboard. You picked a great plane. These are from Profile Publications Handley Page Heyford # 182 - hope they help.

Attachments

• Heyford Cut 1.JPG
    Heyford Cut 1.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 984
  • Heyford 2.JPG
    Heyford 2.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 839
  • Heyford Cockpit.JPG
    Heyford Cockpit.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 710
  • Heyford Gunner.JPG
    Heyford Gunner.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 742
  • Heyford Wireless.JPG
    Heyford Wireless.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 695
  • Heyford behind cockpit.JPG
    Heyford behind cockpit.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 637
This one was used in the 1930s and then retired at some stage in the 1940s. As I remember it had a dustbin like turret that needed to be retracted into the fuselage. Also there was crew problems where there was difficulty getting out of the plane in cases of emergency or the like...

Thanks all for your comments and leads. I bought an old Airfix kit of this aircraft at a model show last year and am starting the build with hopes to be done by next Nov in time for a regional show. The kit itself looks relatively simple and straightforward. The detailing should be fun. I am tracking down the Profile Publication, and am looking for close up photos or drawings of the Kestral engine.

Again, thanks to all for your help.

Hi, I'm new here. I've recently purchased the old revell (matchbox) kit. Looking at the photos above, in particular the one looking forward (?) from the radio operator's position. Is that the cockpit openning visible? If not, what is exactly behind the pilot and co-pilot's seat? Sorry if this has been answered before.

Don

Users who are viewing this thread

Back