Hans-Joachim Marseille in another fighter? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If only someone had the foresight to design such an advanced machine, Cadillac of the sky? Hardly… Give me the "Sniper of the Sky" and stay out of my way!
Don't know about Cadillac, but a car door sure is a marvelous idea. If you overshoot, you even have an extra chance of whacking your enemy out of the sky by opening the door as you fly by. Would work any day against those Japanese papier mache mashines.

Don't know about Cadillac, but a car door sure is a marvelous idea. If you overshoot, you even have an extra chance of whacking your enemy out of the sky by opening the door as you fly by. Would work any day against those Japanese papier mache mashines.
Don't forget the sparking curb feelers, gotta look good as you taxi by friends bragging on the latest dozen victims you downed…

The British fighters were eventually equipped with custom filters which drained a lot less off performance than the Vokes filters.

Macandy. I don't think anyone said that Allied pilots were worse in general. Circumstances caused them to score less kills.

Centreline and cowling armament allow for a better placement of shots.
And Marseille excelled at that even if he had needed twice the 15 to 20 20 mm rounds per kill reported. That would still be excellent.
He landed to check where the rounds hit the enemy fighters and would go to aim at the engine.
Exactly right on point about non-wing mounted weapons… I may be wrong but the top 2 USAAF Aces flew P-38s which carry their guns…..

Marseilles was not a man of large stature and was not doing well, health-wise in his later days but still managed to push his 109 to it's limits, which is impressive.
Had he been in a 190, with it's better performance and easier handling, he would have been, in my opinion, a terrifying adversary.

One of the better Fw190 Aces, was Gerhard Thyben, who was well known to push his Fw190 to it's limits in turning fights and his observation was that the Fw190's responsive controls and engine power allowed him the ability get the best of his opponents in a turning fight.
I was wonder If the FW190 would have been easier on his body.

No other comments about Marseilles' near double American Ace status? According to some references he possibly took out 8 109s….

How, do you think, would Hans-Joachim have gotten along with another plane? Would he have been just as successful?
Highly entertaining clip of the man….before anyone gets riled, it's just some fan's take on the man

Users who are viewing this thread

Back