Harvard/Texan?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
As I've bought two of these (good price) and have one earmarked for a Swedish SK 16, one A and one B, A = Yellow, B = Green, both '13' (of course), what I don't know, is what to make of the third one....
Can it be done as prewar, warbird, postwar....been thinking French, German, RAF, US.....suggestions?

T2eC16h0E9s37Id91BRYcnPrmZQ60_1_zpsdef2c0bf.jpg

As you can see, it's a Mk 4, or IV as some like to call them, with the long, curved rear canopy....

Depends on what's in the kit old boy. For example, the Harvard MkI had a different tail assembly and rear fuselage, earlier airframes had different undercarriage, later versions had various canopy changes and so on.
I'll e-mail the 'Squadron Signal' book to you - might give you some ideas.

Much obliged old boy! For what I understand, this can also be found boxed by Ocidental and have parts in the kit to make the IIB...
It seems like Ocidental boxed it as the Mk. II/Mk. 4.....

Email received old boy, much obliged!
For what I understand BC-1A, AT-6A, Mk. IIB and AT-16 are all the same aircraft....just the usual paper thingy.
Since you can, for what I've read online, this Modelcraft Mk. 4, can also be built as a Mk. IIB, in other words, a Mk. IIB, BC-1A,
AT-6A and AT-16, correct?

Probably, but the box art appears to show a AT-6 Texan. The Harvard MkIV had the framed canopy, with the longer rear section, and the extended exhaust, like the Boscombe Down version I built a while back. I had to make the canopy frames, and 'fudge' the extreme rear, fixed, canopy section, as I couldn't be Rsed moulding a new one!
The kit used was Italeri, which I think is the same moulds as yours.

Attachments

• Harvard Build 187.jpg
    Harvard Build 187.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 133
Looks like the fixed rear canopy section would work for a MkIV, but the frames would still need to be added to the rest of the canopy.

Do A Yugoslavian :D Harvard! Do ittt please :D they are so overlooked hehehe :)

I think its a Mk.IIB not sure if we had a IV :S

Yes old chap, it's the same kit.
Note that the open canopies are incorrect on that last model in the review. The rear cockpit canopy slid forward, under the central section, and the front cockpit canopy slid rearwards, over the central section. It's not fully possible to achieve this with the rear canopy in the kit, unless some surgery is undertaken.
The extra frames of the MkIV (and earler Harvard types) can easily be added using painted strips and angles of 'Sellotape' (clear tape, like 'Scotch' tape).

and why not Spanish?

124hijm.jpg

avc_00015290.jpg

is sahara war as we know it or ifni War of 1957-1958, the land currently occupied by Morocco in Western Sahara

How about one of those from that 'Squadron' in the 'States, all painted up in WW2 Luftwaffe fighter colours?
Erich (Evangilder) posted some pics of them some time back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back