Harvard/Texan?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Possible slight inaccuracies there old boy - it should be 'RAF West Malling', and 'High Speed Silver' was used on jets, such as the Hunter, and was a gloss coating. The finish would be 'Aluminium' overall, a semi-matt silver paint.

Would look nice, although I'm not sure it is a '2B' - think it might be a IV. It was a choice of a similar scheme or the Boscombe Down scheme for mine - BD won!

They actually had one on strength old chap, in a similar scheme to the one above, and I might yet add one to the '56 Collection'.
Got to stop somewhere though, as they also had a Vampire T11, Meteor T9, Hunter T7, and two Canberras, one camouflaged, one 'silver', plus other odds and sods. (my Vampire T11 and Hunter T7 are going to be in RAF Valley, 4 FTS, colours, but the Canberra might yet be in the camouflaged 56 Sqn scheme.)

One day old boy, one day. Got soooo many yet to do, and enough kits in the stash to last between 7 and 10 years, depending on build rate. Just hope my hands last out that long !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back