Hasegawa 1/48 F4U-5 and -5N? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Now, just curious here, have had these for a few years and I'm quite surprised that Hasegawa let this happen....but, how would you deal with these edges? Sanding would get rid of a lot of detail I can imagine...

DSCF0001-188.jpg

DSCF0002-172.jpg

DSCF0003-164.jpg

DSCF0004-140.jpg

DSCF0005-127.jpg

I've been looking it over and pondering it for a while since you posted, I'd leave it, but if it was to the point where it really bothered me.

Take 2 to 4 strips of tape and mask around the area for sanding, sand and replace the tape when it tears. Tamiya tape is usually the best and it protects the surfaces that I don't want sanded really well.

After the sanding is done, re-scribe and thats that :)

P.S. Are the edges supposed to be there? I know like 0% about Corsairs :D

Cheers Rogi! It's not that bad that I can't live with it, just a tad annoying seeing that it's Hasegawa, probably would make things worse, trying to re-scribe the lines etc., anyway... :lol:
And as an answer to your question, nope, those 'things' are NOT supposed to be there...

How thick is the plastic? If its pretty thick you could take a Xacto and scrap it off (using the Tamiya Tape round the parts you don't want taken off for protection.) If its too thin then don't try it since you'll need to putty the thing later if it breaks the plastic :S

I did as Igor suggested Jan, I was a bit too careful and didn't get rid of it entirely. That's just so differences in the front ends can be added easily in the factory as it serves as a base for the AU-1 and the F4U-7 as well, but it is very un-Hasegawa like. Good kits otherwise.

Clearly didn't get the metal insert sections to line up correctly, should have bedded in that insert better than that, would expect the tool maker to have got that damn near perfect!

I hope that the guilty culprit is sleeping with the fish now! :( :lol:

For his crime of ruining a Hasegawa model, this sprue maker has been baned from eating Sushi for a year, in Japan that would be considered a hunger strike! :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back