Hawker Sea Fury pics (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Love this shot

Attachments

• My pictures 2 890.jpg
    My pictures 2 890.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 76
Sweet shots guys. Theres just 'something' about the 'Fury', not sure if its the overall size, the prop disc, or the noise that comes from under the cowling, but it certainly 'does it' for me.

Here's a quick selection taken over the past few years from Midland, Oshkosh and Duxford.

Attachments

• sf4.jpg
    sf4.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 78
  • sf2.jpg
    sf2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 77
  • sf5.jpg
    sf5.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 76
  • sf6.jpg
    sf6.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 82
  • sf7.jpg
    sf7.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 86
  • sf8.jpg
    sf8.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 79
Torch, Geedee, thanks for sharing those! Great shots! I'd be interested in knowing what gear you guys used to get your shots.

Geedee, I agree absolutely with your sentiments. It's the total package, the way I see it. I've been a big fan of P-51s and F4Us ever since I was a small kid, but I remember the first time I saw a Sea Fury -- at an air show back in the early 1980s -- I was struck dumb. I'd never heard of it before, much less seen one, and was in total awe of an aircraft that could be so big and exude such authority, yet have such graceful lines.

Best,

Michael

A few shots of the Fury under restoration at Duxford, taken back in 2006. If it looks big in pictures of it in the air...wait till you stand directly in front of one....imposing ?...its a bl**dy monster !!!

Attachments

• IMG_6875.jpg
    IMG_6875.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 87
  • sf11.jpg
    sf11.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 82
  • sf10.jpg
    sf10.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 76
Beatiful shots guys. The P-51 is the beautiful skinny gal at the dance, all dolled up and pretty. But the Tempest is the curvaceous gal, brutally handsome and vivacious. I'll take the Tempest any day. Wonderful pics guys.

Very nice pics all 8) I saw a Sea Fury flying at Cosford a few years back, it was an awesome sight to see swooping down out of the general overcast and haze of that day. It was also an awesome noise to experience as well :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back