Hawker Typhoon I

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ColesAircraft

Airman 1st Class
Hey, folks!

Submitted for your approval: My new Hawker Typhoon piece. It's my first WW2 RAF artwork and I don't pretend to be an expert.

Detail on the early Mk I w/ the early canopy was scarce, so I'd certainly welcome any input regarding accuracy from those more well-versed in RAF stuff.

I hope you like it!

- Ron

4260658020_4973b7ed1b_o.jpg

Cole's Aircraft Aviation Art by Ron Cole

Beautiful Ron
the forked lightning steals a bit of the attention though

Edit: lol just noticed that it enlarges, that really is extremely detailed artwork Ron, beautiful job

Last edited:
Very nice indeed! The only thing I'd note is that, due to carbon monoxide danger from the exhausts, the Typhoon, especially the earlier 'car door' type shown, always had the canopy (or door and hatch) closed, and the pilot on oxygen, when the engine was running.

Something I've just noticed in the Typhoon picture - I was too drawn to the aircraft and the beautifully poweful sky! The control tower is very American - those on RAF (and USAAF) bases in Britain were two storie, square, rendered brick buildings, normally painted green camouflage overall, or green / dark earth wave pattern. Still a cracking picture though!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back