He-219 Gets her wings

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

On the 2nd floor they have windows that allow you to look down into the general work area. The last time I went I just stood and drooled.

I bet they get a lot of those. Modelers can be quite the anal group - present company excluded of course...... :evil4:
Yeah buddy, stir it up... :evil4:

A well written response and, frankly, not surprising. The NASM certainly has some of the best in the business working on their artifacts. Now bring on that Ta152!
Well, there is also a percentage of members here who are pretty well versed in historical data, and when Erich expressed his concern, I knew I wasn't imaging things! :lol:

301-odd-shaped-balls.jpg

IL2-MH-He-219A-Nachtjager-guarding-German-airspace-01.jpg

Last edited:
Had some of that Spitfire beer couple months back, managed to find the bottled version locally. It wasn't bad, but the posters are better than the beer.

Good one, Grau Geist! I'm looking for Old Frothingslosh ... the pale stale ale with the head on the botton ... if I find some, I'll post. Meanwhile, this eems like a good place to start ...
wa4.jpg
or
Beer-Label---3-1-2-x4--Labels--Helping-Girls-_20090621032.jpg
. Not a beer, but a good beer promotion sign.

And thanks, Capt. Vick! Nice pic.

Last edited:
It started as an He-219 thread and we should stop drinking and talk about the He-219. I'll see if I can remember to do that.

It's just that a Beer thread isn't exactly a WWII aircraft sibject, unless we dredge up the fact that US squadrons used to get beer and fly it up to high altitude to get it cold.

The Germans were lucky that way. All they had to do was set it outside the tent for a few minutes, at least in the fall, winter, and spring ... that had unfortunate other ramifications, however, and many Germans wondered if there wasn't a better way to get cold beer than declaring war. But, taking care of the beer came first. There's probably a good story in there somewhere ...

Meanwhile, the British built castles so they could have kitchens and thus have hot tea. It might have been easier to relocate the country to a warmer location than to build 1,000 castles. They built a really good Navy to do just that, but wars kept delaying the move. Probably a good story in there, too.

Last edited:
ok, so things are not perrfect. I get that, but you cant have everything, and so long as we continue to dream about beer and girls not necessarily in that order, Im happy to accept the other imperfections

Users who are viewing this thread

Back