Heinz' Hotrods (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Heinz

Captain
Feb 6, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
Melboure Rod Show was earlier this year, noticed a few petrol heads on here so I'll whack up shots of cars and bikes and whatever I have taken.......

Nice! A chevy head! The '58 was one I always preferred over the more popular '55-'57. Along with Plymouths of the time.

Oh by the way, click to enlarge the thumbnails. I just recently bought a digital camera when I took some of these so a little dodgey here and there....Scanning some other shots over the weekend for y'as all too :)
this next one is a sexy rod........

Nice shots, Heinz. I won't touch the '58 Chev vs Tri-Five debate, but it is interesting to note (from letters to Collectible Automobile I remember) that the '58 had a loadable trunk for heavy items while the '59 didn't (bat wings).

Pre-war Ford rods are very neat as well. The omitted bonnet style had, in the early 50's pre-ohv era, two practical considerations: better F/R weight distribution and better cooling for the flathead V8.

Love those buckets! I got a pic of my dad with one from the 50s when he was a kid. Will try to scan and post somewhere. Love those cars, Heinz!

I agree Peter, ani't gettin in no debate! :lol: But as I get older, they all look good!

heres my car
All original 1977 Holden Torana LX, google it if you have no clue what it is :D
Im slowing rat rodding it with bits and pieces, shes dirty as you can see, damn water restrictions :(

The main thing is they're easier to fix...BY YOURSELF! I can't stand opening a hood and needing a blueprint just to understand the thermostat! I used to be able to do an engine and tranny change in a day. Would never even attempt it now. My father had a used car lot when I was growing up and he sold only cars made before 1955. My first was a 1955 Plymouth Belvedere, two-tone Black and red...loved it. Used to get jokes on at school but my car could nit a tree and still win the local car show an hour later. Love old iron.

Thats it, no computers or that stuff to get in the way!
Heres one of my favourites from the show

heinz, come to gladstone in QLD man theres no water restrictions! Gotta agree with njaco and you old cars rock. Im into the rat rod look more with the flathead engine, pinstripes, matt black paintjob etc.

heinz, come to gladstone in QLD man theres no water restrictions! Gotta agree with njaco and you old cars rock. Im into the rat rod look more with the flathead engine, pinstripes, matt black paintjob etc.

Same here dude but man a 32 roadster thats shiny makes me weak at the knees.
Im going to build a rat rod torana Lx, flat black paint red steel wheels, never seen it done so Im a pioneer I think:lol:

Cheers Les,

more to come

I'm with you Heinz on the '32. Open cockpit, moonies, open engine... gonna get back into my '94 Tempo and dream now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back