Hello from Houston

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

str8jax

Airman
Jan 18, 2007
Houston Tx
Ive been reading posts for awhile, Decided I like the site so now Im introducing myself. Name is john I live in houston tx. Am married for 15 yrs now have 2 kids. I have always been fascinated with WWII. My father served in the army air corp in WWII. I am not crystal clear on his job but i know he worked with b-17s,( he told me stories about test flights after repairs) and he had something to do with supplies. I never asked Him alot of questions because it made him sad he always started thinking about some of his friends he lost. I Love doing models mostly WWII stuff but will do an occasional modern jet. Ive been teaching my 8 yr old son the different airplanes and weapons. Everytime we see a picture he trys to guess what it is. ..anyhow Im rambling:oops: nice to be here and thanks for letting me talk. :)

thanks adler by the way i was around your way back in 1989 area. I was stationed at storck barracks in illesheim and my brother was stationed in kitzingen at the same time. Very beautiful country you have there!

Well I am an American-German. I am a US citizen but I was born and raised in Germany. I served in the Army as a Blackhawk Crewchief at Katterbach Army Airfield in Ansbach near Illesheim. We used to fly the 5 minute flight to Stork Barracks all the time. I just got out of the Army back in October and I am staying here until my wife is done with her College Studies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back