Hello from West London, UK

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Can never have too many Buccaneers! 8)

Thank you all once more.
I love your sentiment 'lucky13'. The thing is I smelt those damned beautiful things every time dad came home when we lived on Main Rd. Boscombe Down.
He gave mum a knock for knock account of every problem they'd encountered on many occasion. Guess who was listening in?

Maybe I've blurted too much for such a short time, but one thing is certain..."I've come to stay".

Respect to you all...and the next time I say thank you; it will be for something very specific.

Thanks All. :D

No offence meant Nobby, just a bit of banter. I'm an ex RAF, a fixed wing man though I have been known to do the odd bendy wing model. Yes the avatar is from 56 Squadron, my theme squadron who's Phoenix is now sadly in ashes again and I did once get embroiled in this 'FLY NAVY' lark at Akrotiri when we were invaded by the 'Senior Service'. You banners were all over the place and not much liked by the SWO, particularly as there were retaliatory slogans being posted around, all in good fun mind. I think the term used these days is 'zapping', so its good to know it still goes on.

Being Navy, you may want to get involved with our new venture by joining in on the un-official shop GB.

As for the Buccaneer, don't mention that word to Terry, particularly with the word Airfix included in the sentence.

Muck!!!?
Love banter so please carry on...

Anyway, apologies one and all for such silent running over the last couple of weeks. No excuses and as to the Royal Air Force...well, I once lived close to the then RAF Seletar. This was in 1969 when it was being depopulated and the Aussies/Kiwis/Singapore Armed Forces and a Lockheed Maintenance unit were moving in. Happy days...and the shock at a young age to find that the 'Crabs' mucked around in boats too, actually impressed me. Maybe dad was a bit harsh on them I must of thought, because the stigma of being called a crab has never coloured my opinion of the RAF.
Furthermore, from 1965 Boscombe Down (dad 4 year posting on Bucc S.2B) was interesting too...the Kestrel was doing trials, the TSR.2 was cancelled, many Danish and German Starfighters, burning up the plains and of course the ETPTS...so don't worry, all your secrets are safe with me.

Thanks again gentlemen,
Nobs 57

Users who are viewing this thread

Back