Hello from West London, UK

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nobby57

Airman
Jan 21, 2014
West London
Hello everybody, firstly I've realised (after a stupid lapse in not checking) that there is also another Nobby57 out there on the web. Apologies to him and to any of you who may think I'm him!

Well I suppose before introducing myself properly I'll explain my 'Moniker'. My surname is Clarke and I will be 57 this year and I was born in 1957. (It seemed appropriate to me, so I guess I'll just plug away with Nobby57 until further notice.)

I've returned to an old love of aircraft having, on some strange impulse, been to my first air display at RNAS Yeovilton last year, I found I had got the bug again. This was after a lapse of about 30 years and in my approaching dotage I chose to relive some of mine and my father's past through the technical medium of aircraft and the many wonderful people who have populated the history of flight.
Why have I chosen to join this website? Again it's to do with that love and also as part of researching particular types of naval aircraft. I haven't lurked here much, but when I've typed in particular marques, WW2Aircraft.net, has been one of the more common results. I've read many of the posts and have realised also that there are quite a few Britmodellers here. Needless to say I've just signed up there too and I'll have to go through the same pullaver there, but hey ho...thanks for having me. I'll watch my P's and Q's and try and contribute as much as I can.

'FLY NAVY' That's all I can say...and hello once more.

Thank you vikingBeserker the pleasure is mutual. Due to it being 02:09 I'm off to bed, so please excuse me and thanks again. TTFN

Wow, thank you all that's very kind of you. Apart from the historical aspect, I know from another large non-aircraft related site I was on in the early part of this millennia, that welcoming is sometimes a difficult pleasantry especially if you're stuck into a particular thread. So I hope we all get to know a bit about each other over time.

ARIVERDERCI,
Nobby57

G'day Mr Clark, OK Nobby, great to have you join us. Born in 57 ah. Now, totally unrelated to modelling, the company now known just as 'Heinz', back then used to be called 'Heinz57' and they had a slogan going in 1957, a little ditty on the commercial telly. 'Enjoy 57 with Heinze57'. Needless to say you won't remember it, but it's a useless bit of trivia for you.

Hope to see some of your modelling, even if it is just 'NAVY'!!
b0227.gif

Thanks again to you all, this has been a nice introduction...and as to Vic's welcome.
"Sir, if you are implying I'm a 'mongrel' in any way shape or form...then you are right, I am one.
I'm totally biased when it comes to the Senior Service and Commonwealth navies too, besotted you might say. But then from your squadron crest..FLY NAVY FOREVER! Oh and Vic, even being a fixed wing type, does the Guiness Harp mean anything to you?
Thank you all once more. I think I'm nearly up and running as I have yet to complete my first aircraft or ship build.
PS (I hope it was Buccaneers Vic)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back