Hello there

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Able One

Recruit
Mar 22, 2020
Hi! I've been a lurker of this forum for some time, but I finally decided to register. Maybe I should introduce myself first?
I'm Bartosz (quite exotic name for some of you I presume), I live in Poland, I'm 18 years old, planes were my passion since I was 5 yo, I remember making some models together with my father (I'm sure I made Panavia Tornado and Shenyang J-5). A few days I finally started making one of my favourite planes, the F4U-4B (still not ended it tho, I'm relatively "new"). Aside from planes, I'm also interested in history, warships and tanks.

As I said, still a lot to do (mainly the panel lines and decals). You're probably baffled by the quality, but I'm still relatively new to this

Attachments

• IMG_20200323_163457.jpg
    IMG_20200323_163457.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
As I said, still a lot to do (mainly the panel lines and decals). You're probably baffled by the quality, but I'm still relatively new to this

I used to go to this hobby shop, go home and scrap my kits out of disgust compared to the models on display. When I mentioned
that I scrapped them to the man working behind the counter, he said; "Kid, those models were built by a man that builds models professionally for a living and who is older than you.
- catch my drift?
Have fun, and when you're as old as some of the old dogs here who have been modeling for 40-60 years, your kits will look every bit as good.

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I'll try my best to keep modelling and to improve my skills!

Skills come with time, experience, and patience. Build for fun and the rest will follow naturally.
(Us old people have the advantage of patience, which as an 18 year man you probably shouldn't have in abundance yet.) ;)

Build for fun!

Last edited:
Welcome,
There are many excellent modelers who only use brushes to paint, they will tell you to do several coats of thinned paint using a flat brush to get the best results. It looks like the propeller turned out pretty good, yellow is one of the most difficult colors to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back