Hello!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

2996 Victor

Airman
Feb 25, 2023
Barlborough, UK
Hi everyone!
many thanks for okaying my membership - I'm looking forward to taking part in this forum! I thought it'd be a good idea to post a few words by way of introduction.
I've always been interested in aircraft for as long as I can remember, watching my Dad sat in an armchair in the evening doing a bit of model-making, usually a Matchbox kit, occasionally Airfix: I still have a few treasured models that he built. I "built" my first kit about aged eight, a Matchbox Lysander which turned out as an amorphous, gluey monstrosity! My abilities improved slowly through a myriad of mainly Airfix and Matchbox 1/72 scale World War 2 aircraft, until, with a bit of direction from my late Dad, I found railway modelling in my early teens. Dad and I embarked on several GWR branch line model railways, never quite finishing them before they evolved into bigger and better schemes, and then through my mid-late teens I became interested in vintage sports cars, MGs in particular. Again, Dad's influence!
My twenties saw a resurgence in my interest in military aircraft modelling, although now in 1/48 scale and primarily First World War subjects, which ran alongside railway modelling. Unfortunately, the results were never quite "good enough" for me and although the interest remained it went on the back burner. Years later, and having lost Dad to cancer at a far-too-young age, and having been through marriage, children and divorce, my interest rekindled.
I'm sticking with 1/72 for reasons of shelf space, and while WW1 and early jet age subjects creep in here and there, my main interest remains with WW2 subjects, both mainstream and esoteric.
Cheers,
Mark

Hi and welcome. Go see the moddeling section. You wont regret it.

A few threads to make an apatite i hope. There are many more.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back