Help! Can You Identify This Plane

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Big Oar time.

Is it a Sea Fury?

However under the starboard wing appears a faint roundel, so it is a possibility for an RAF DC-6 / 7 transporter.

You've titled the photo..

www.bighappyfunhouse..abomberfromthesun...

Could you be having some fun with us?

That is an enormous wingspan...

Or something more rational...as Joe and K9Kiwi suggested..

Hi Guys,

Honestly, I don't know where this picture was taken or when. I wish I did...its a great little mystery. Just wanted to thank all of you for your feedback..you're awesome :)

Have a nice day!

Amber

The website in question is a site that posts "found" photos. The origins of the photos are never known. The site owner simply collects and posts the photos and leaves the commenters to discuss as they wish.

Which is why the original poster and I are so interested in identifying the plane in the photo. Curiosity wont allow us to let go until it's figured out. ;)

My theory...
...is that there has never been an aircraft, flown, with four engines, a completely straight leading edge, tapered trailing edges and a wingspan that exceeds its length.

Based on my theory, I believe the 'bomber from the sun' image is a clever fake.

What looks like a straight leading edge could possibly be an optical illusion brought on by a combination of tapered leading edge and dihedral. Just a thought.

Cheers,
Matt

What looks like a straight leading edge could possibly be an optical illusion brought on by a combination of tapered leading edge and dihedral. Just a thought.
Cheers,
Matt

And a very good thought. I agree with you. And welcome to the forum.

Could be a Douglas C-133

Could be. However, I personally don't think so. We'll never know.

Big Oar time.

Is it a Sea Fury?

However under the starboard wing appears a faint roundel, so it is a possibility for an RAF DC-6 / 7 transporter.

I think you were right the first time, it is a high altitude Sea Fury bomber!
(K9Kiwi, we're going to have to stop this Sea Fury business at some stage soon, as no one will understand the joke!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back