Help Sought - Sperry Gyrosyn Compass (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's where I got everything from Joe. Spent 2 days there copying all their microfiche files.

EDIT. To be clear, I spent 2 days in our national archives. That's where all of the old DOT files are kept.

That's where I got everything from Joe. Spent 2 days there copying all their microfiche files.

EDIT. To be clear, I spent 2 days in our national archives. That's where all of the old DOT files are kept.
I'll still try to throw you some suggestions without being to annoying, LOL! This is certainly a quest, hope to see this mystery solved! I commend you for the all the research, I've been there a few times, at the end of the day you want to bang your head against the wall!

Further to this topic, a colleague found this instrument on the F-86:

Avon_Sabre_A94-974_cockpit Closeup.jpg

and this one, circled, on the F4J Fury:

Gyro Compass Indicator FJ4 Fury Circled.jpg

If anyone recognizes these instruments, I would need a manufacturer and model number so I can source one.

THANKS!

Thanks for that. Do you know for a fact that this is the one? There are MANY gyro compasses out there and the one I want needs to fit on our instrument panel. The outer rim of the bezel needs to be just under 5 inches in diameter and those pictures I posted of the Saber and Fury instruments seem to have the large diameter needed.

Nope sorry but it it looks quite identical. Compare the screw holes and the red cap. in your pic faintly to see) With the number here and the sellers adress you might contact him for precise dimensions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back