hey it's back to Jap Maples ........

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Erich

the old Sage
May 20, 2004
Platonic Sphere
for Charles or anyone else that needs an uplift this week or today

went out between the many rain showers to snap the dissectum "Beni-Shidare" out my west front of the property. Sadly due to 2 cycling accidents earlier in the year I was not able to get her pruned open correctly to show the knarly branch structure which is dark, though somewhat moss covered and striking against the pumpkin colours she puts out. the Jap maple is at least 8 feet high and at least 20 feet wide

the first pic of several as the Maples colour up or brown out due to too much good rain

Attachments

• PICT0070 (2).JPG
    PICT0070 (2).JPG
    448 KB · Views: 274
Cool Erich.If I wouldn't be sure about the Jap Maples I would say it could look like the something in the movie "War of the Worlds" besed on the H.G. Wells' book. ;)

heres mine from the back yard

Attachments

• STB_3296_1_1.JPG
    STB_3296_1_1.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 228
nice, looks like a great shady spot in summer. it's blasted raining so dang hard and too dark to take more pics for the time being, the Jap Mples in the backyard are doing nothing for the time being

actually although these are in the forest of our west side Cascades 2 weeks ago the intense red/orange colours are from Vine Maples which are used in some respects for grafting of the larger leaf Palmate Jap Mpales here in the US of A, to make much larger leaf varieties through experimentation I think 2-3 have been developed with many failures in-between. the vine maples being a higher altitude species really hates to be dug up and offered in much hard soils low-land and have to be raised under stringent guide-lines in the nursery

~ hey just trying to give an alternate view instead of pounding us silly with crap political threads for which we can do nothing about ~

v/r E ♫

Attachments

• PICT0033 (2).JPG
    PICT0033 (2).JPG
    413.5 KB · Views: 187
  • PICT0043 (2).JPG
    PICT0043 (2).JPG
    456.7 KB · Views: 208
  • PICT0049.JPG
    PICT0049.JPG
    381.1 KB · Views: 224
  • PICT0051 (2).JPG