High Definition?

Discussion in 'Aviation Videos' started by SX2002, May 15, 2009.

1. SX2002

SX2002 New Member

Hi Guys,
    I've been downloading and saving to DVD disc heaps of the videos on this site and really enjoying them.
    Problem is, a lot are pretty poor quality...does anyone know of a site where there are hi def videos that can be downloaded and saved (MPEGS AVIS, etc) I know there are a lot on YouTube and simiilar sites, but I can't save them.
    Cheers,
    Ron.:twisted:

Attached Files:

2. Gnomey

Gnomey World Travelling Doctor
    Staff Member Moderator

Doctor
    Home Page:
    You can save from Youtube if you have the right software. So a search for "Youtube Downloader" and you should fine something. You may need a converter because the files normally save in flash format (.flv). Just do a search for flash to avi converter and something will come up.

As for other sites I don't know of any but try any of the online video streaming sites and see what you can find.

3. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Security Officer
    If you're using Mozilla Firefox, there is an add-on called "Download Helper". Try this. You can save almost any media with it. However, you may also need a Flash-to-AVI converter... Try either "Internet Video Converter" or "Any Video Converter" that both have free versions for personnal use (like Ad-Aware, in example).