Hitler and Stalin

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Soren

1st Lieutenant
Feb 6, 2005
In todays society Hitler is regarded as the ultimate Evil to have walked on this earth, however modern reseachers toulk the chance and tried to research this matter.

Hitler made the so called "Concentration camps" wich were grusome, and alot people were murdered in such places. However Joseph Stalin "Murdered" alot more innocent people than Hitler, and his 'hits' were not against just 'one' race, but all, and there was no protokol to be followed.

Modern reseachers and doctors have established that Hitler was very mentally sick, and believed what he did was for the good of mankind. (Obviously it wasnt) Meanwhile Stalin was perfectly aware of what he was doing, and he even attended executions, as he found them amusing ! :shock:

So can Hitler really be called Evil ? Or was he just a crazy man ?

I think it's generally understood that Hitler was an absolute mental case but, as RG so eloquently put it in another thread, evil is evil. Nowadays it's also widly known that Stalin was about five times the butcher Hitler was, and his dreams of conquest were just as great. What's worse is, like you said, he lashed out at everyone. His bloodlust knew no bounds.

They both were evil as far as I am concerned. Crazy? Maybe Hitler was, but that does not change the fact that what he did was pure evil. Maybe Stalin was Crazy in another way, who knows. Between them, there are alot of dead people though, no doubt.

I agree with you guy's.

However if you genuinely believe your cause is for the best, then you can hardly be called 'Evil' now can you ? Hitler didnt personally witness any killings(unlike Stalin), he just let Himmler do the durtey work.

Hitler was a mad man, no doubt about it, and his doings were 'Evil' as it involved killing innocent people, however I don't think you can call him 'Evil' like so. Hitler was genuinely convinced that what he was doing was for the best of mankind, and he believed this to the very end.

Hitler very often expressed his discust to the killings and atrocities of the war (Again unlike Stalin). For example when the alternative of Kamikaze like rocket a/c's were being discussed as a possibility, Hitler downright hated this Idea and found it way to grusome, thus denying it.

I don't think Hitler himself can be called a 'Evil' person, but his injust actions certainly can, and they were a crime against humanity. Hitler was 'nuts', and he just wasnt aware of what he had done, even when the Allies were right outside his bunker in 45 did he know what had happened, a clear sign of lunacy.

One thing is for sure, it was for the best of mankind that Hitler was stopped, and too bad Stalin wasnt stopped at the same time also.

The difference between Hitler and Stalin was that (as far as I know) Stalin killed only to stay in command of the USSR (in other words, to prevent a rebellion and a putch). Hitler, him, killed to exterminate a race AND to stay in command of the Reich.

A lot of Non-Jews civilans were taken prisoniers and taken to camps like Auschwitz or Dachau. Most of them were executed like they did with the Jews.

Soren said:
I don't think Hitler himself can be called a 'Evil' person, but his injust actions certainly can, and they were a crime against humanity.

Next, you're gonna say that Hitler was an angel manipulated by Goering or Hess. :rolleyes:

Maestro said:
Next, you're gonna say that Hitler was an angel manipulated by Goering or Hess. :rolleyes:

No, Hitler was just 'nuts' and this is proven. He certainly wasnt an angel though, as his actions testify.

Hitler and Stalin shared something else in common: They were both extreme paranoids.

Stalin's purges are legendary, and the man saw deceit and treachery everywhere he looked. He killed to stay in power alright, but his eyes weren't just on the Soviet Union. He looked to expand Soviet borders and the Soviet sphere of influence across as much of the globe as he could manage.

As for Hitler being the "victim" of his own delusions, that may well be the case. It in no way diminishes the pure evil that was the man. He clearly stated time and again, both orally and in writing, his plans for the "subhuman" races surrounding him. He displayed absolutely no remorse for the deaths he ordered, that he was fully aware of.

The man was evil.

Nonskimmer said:
Hitler and Stalin shared something else in common: They were both extreme paranoids.

Stalin's purges are legendary, and the man saw deceit and treachery everywhere he looked. He killed to stay in power alright, but his eyes weren't just on the Soviet Union. He looked to expand Soviet borders and the Soviet sphere of influence across as much of the globe as he could manage.

As for Hitler being the "victim" of his own delusions, that may well be the case. It in no way diminishes the pure evil that was the man. He clearly stated time and again, both orally and in writing, his plans for the "subhuman" races surrounding him. He displayed absolutely no remorse for the deaths he ordered, that he was fully aware of.

The man was evil.

Well put like that, then yes I can agree with this.

Read "Le Livre Noir du Communisme: crimes, terreur, répression" by Stéphane Curtois and co authors.

You could call it a real thorough work.

It will help you learn about the delicacies of the soviet communist regime.

Smiley Dzhugashvili murdered, plundered and deported far beyond Hitler´s most lunatic expectations.

Both Hitler and Stalin were evil. They were essentially running exactly the same scheme, with different words for the details. Hitler had concentration camps, Stalin had Gulags. Hitler talked about Lebensraum, Stalin about extending the Communist sphere of influenece. Hitler eliminated socio-ethinic groups, Stlain eliminated socio-economic or socio-political groups (dont think Stalin just killed everyone - when he went after the kulaks and then the Red Army command structure, he was working to a plan.)

These pair of tyrants typify the old saying the the political spectrum is a circle - go far enough left, you end up on the right, and vice versa.

Was Hitler insane? I think so. Was Stalin? Almost definitely. As someone pointed out earlier, both were utterly paranoid.

I dont think you can really draw much of a distiction between Hitler and Stalin - they were different faces of the same monster

:evilbat: :redhotevil: :hesitantdevil:

Attachments

• hitstal_840.jpg
    hitstal_840.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 677
Well, a comparison between Hitler and Stalin is very difficult. As for the term "evil" We would need to trace it back to it´s origin. At medieval age it was a very common term for any enemies. That clearly doesn´t work for a "evil" Hitler (and he was atheistic, like Stalin...). His view of subhuman (nongermanic) races originated not from his own mind, also. You can easily trace it back to the late 19th century and a phaenomen called "sozial darwinism". In this way it was also overtaken from Stalin later (with all subhuman what isn´t slavic). I am archaeologist, so I can disprove all such theories with ease. What really makes him "evil" is the quality of crime done by his ideas. It was uncomperable to anything done earlier in history (maybe with the exception of assyrian strategy in mid 2nd century BC, but that´s another story). And even it´s quantity is second only to Stalins crimes (but Nazigermany crimes are concentrated in a very narrow timeframe). The first victims in concentration camps have been germans, who refused his ideas. (as for Stalin) some crimes of both regimes are understandable from a historic point of view, only...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back