HMS Hawke found in 'remarkable' condition (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Given the rape of the war graves HMS Prince of Wales and HMS Repulse for their "pre-atomic" steel, I hope HMS Hawke will be protected some how.

I don't think it will be an issue considering where the wreck is located vs the Location of the Wrecks of the Repulse & P of W's. Also all the wrecks located in the waters off of Indonesia or the other Islands in the warmer waters of the Pacific region.

Against my better judgement, I did some thinking. Given its location, it would be pretty hard to set up the necessary crew and equipment unnoticed. I guess I have a gut reaction to the discovery of a wreck. I automatically think of these ships being desecrated.

Against my better judgement, I did some thinking. Given its location, it would be pretty hard to set up the necessary crew and equipment unnoticed. I guess I have a gut reaction to the discovery of a wreck. I automatically think of these ships being desecrated.
These are european waterways. They are busy.
A ship that can take on an old cruiser at that depth with tides in those parts will raise an eyebrow. Not to mention sailors around these parts do not like grave robbers.
I think the boys and girls of the royal navy would be a bit pissed. Not to mention the dutch french and germans.
These busy water ways are quite closely followed. Even more so since the ukr war.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back