Holocaust

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If you ban swastikas (a symbol that by the way has been around long before the Nazi's used it) you give it a mystique it doesn't deserve.

Here's the long version of my views on it.

Med wrote this ages ago on the subject said:
Still, what happened, happened, and there it is. The Swastika is much, much older than the Third Reich anyway. In houses in India, it's above the doorways with small dots inside each of the 'hooks'. I think to ban it is a mistake. People who are into their Neo-Nazi ideas aren't going to worry about a ban, and by banning the symbol it gives it some kind of unjustified mystique. Far better to have it there, and make sure people are properly aware of all it stood for between 1933-45.

I agree with Ariel that Nazi ideology consequences differs from Communism. Both it was an evil ideologies anyway. In Nazism, it was primarily about to which "race" you belonged to, your politic orientation was "only secondary". In the Comminism, it was vice versa - your primarily guilt was your non-satisfying politic behaviour, your "race" was just on the 2nd place. Milions of Jews served in the Red Army - that they were persecuted because of everywhere anti-semitism is another thing. Simplified: Nazis killed primarily for "race", Bolshewiks for your policy

Well, people died in the Gulags through malnutrition, overwork, and exposure, but there were no Vernichtungslager as such.

To me, that's what takes the horrors that the Nazi's devised up that extra notch - that people were being taken to simply be killed, no more, no less. More shocking as well, is that this process had been industrialised.

You are correct, nothing will come close to what the Nazis did however a lot of people forget about everything else that other people have done. You rarely hear about whole towns in Russia just vanishing there people never seen again. You dont hear about what the Japanese did on that large of a scale, and they did things just as bad. And that is where my question comes in, when is a wrong a write? When is a wrong Okay?

I have been to some native American ruins where the swastika is on the walls. It is an ancient symbol that a group of evil men decided to use for their symbol. The Swastika in and of itself is not evil. The Nazis who used it for a symbol were.

And can't it be said that an 18 year old in the Heer Wehrmacht who froze to death outside Stalingrad wasn't as much a victim of this madness as a person at Auschwitz was?

I agree that the Holocaust's madness was springing mainly out of the fact it was industrialized. A member of an "under-race" was doomed to death just because he was born. That is in my opinion the uniquity of Holocaust as a vanishing process.

Well, of course young German soldiers were victims as well, but not comparable to those ones who were dieing in camps... Holocaust is unique because it's un-understanabke, even the survivors cannot sometimes name or categorize it. Because of this fact it's unique - it goes out any bounds of crimes we know.

Unfortunately for some, the symbol of the swastika will remain tainted in western society, regardless of it's good and pure historical meanings with many cultures. The Nazis did that to it, like evan said.

I agree with everything that you say, and I agree with you med and pisis. The world as a whole suffered because of a handful (when I say handful I mean it was small amount in comparison to the population of the world) of evil men.`````

Users who are viewing this thread

Back