Horton r/c flying wing

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thought you guys might really enjoy see this!

Attachments

• 2007-06-09_225953_DSCN1271.jpg
    2007-06-09_225953_DSCN1271.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 574
  • 2007-06-10_224315_DSCN1283.jpg
    2007-06-10_224315_DSCN1283.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 264
Man I love those things ! Must have been hell for the pilot, they flew lying down on their stomach incase you didn't know. Also known as Gotha 229 s if I remember right. I'de love to find a 1:72nd scale kit !!!!!

Man I love those things ! Must have been hell for the pilot, they flew lying down on their stomach incase you didn't know. Also known as Gotha 229 s if I remember right. I'de love to find a 1:72nd scale kit !!!!!

No, the ones with the pilot laid on the stomach were the previous tiny experimental gliders, the Ho-IX or Go-229 was much bigger and had a real cockpit with normal seat.
Not sure, but I think it was an ejection seat too...

About models, I know there is a 1/48 scale by Dragon for the 2-seater night fighter version.

This model is great: does it actually fly in controlled mode? that would be a great achievement for the guy who designed it !

Yes it Parmigiano They are flying r/c Hortons. the one you see i believe Has electric ducted fans to power it.There is another being built to accept 2 small turbine engines. Turbine technology is very good and dependable for jet models.They are expensive ! RCSCALEBUILDER.COM has build forums that you must register as a guest to view or sign up for free but donates are welcome.

Thought you guys might really enjoy see this!

Nice! Do you have any videos somewhere? Did you use any plans to build it?
I'm flying electric only, do not really build, no time. But did convert many plains to brush less. My favorite are the Parkzone FW190A, P51 D, Spitfire, or P38 (E-Flite), Ju87 (all brush less. All of them foamies though too, which does not bother me, I like it. The most reacent is a Ju87 from Hobby People (wattage?), but it is very tough to fly. Anyway, thanks for sharing,
Okinchi

F*ck the Mustang's, Thunderbolt's, Lightning's and Corsair's at those warbird meets....I'd turn up in one of those babies....imagine the chaos if someone would, a real flying Horten wing!!

There is another being built to accept 2 small turbine engines. Turbine technology is very good and dependable for jet models.They are expensive !

I was at an airshow not long ago where this one guy brought in a jet powered RC plane. Quite impressive! They told me that speeds of 200 MPH is easily reached in such an aircraft. The planes are quite manuverable too. All this for the "low low" price of $8000! :lol:

Velius
Who Needs $8000. A gas turbine is only a blowlamp with a compressor.
No I havent built it yet since the main problem will be the compressor bearings and getting the fuel into the damn thing. Easy enough on the bench but harder in an airframe.
If you want a discusion thread no probs BUT is this the right forum?
On second thoughts perhaps it MAY be. After all the BMW 3 thingies had a lifespan in the tens of hours range. (Wurger please correct if I'm wrong).
Dragonsinger.

Attachments

• Compressor small .bmp
    68.8 KB · Views: 185
  • Engine small.bmp
    27.8 KB · Views: 193
She must be a *itch to fly... It's hard to beleive such a avant guard design is more than 60 years old!! Even for todays standards, she looks like Lockheed's Skunk works or Boeing's Phantom works most recent project

Hey Dan
We are talking jet engines here. Real ones fly on Parafin or Diesel. Models on the same or possibly LPG.
With Nitro you would get some REAL boom with your zoom. :evil: If you fly one on nitro can we see the video? Should be a gas.
Dragonsinger

Simplest engine possible. One bearing, and once lit, constant burn, throttle by reducing fuel flow, don't even need a carburetor. It's the ancilliaries that cause problems, fuel pump, cooling air, lube. Everything is faster and more stressed. Unless your at the jetpipe (12-15000C) it should all be cooler than a piston or Wankel engine.

Still with how expensive those things can be in the larger scales I am with those that pilot by electrics.
Healz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back