How about 22LR MG

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

javlin

2nd Lieutenant
Nov 20, 2007
MS
Some of you might of seen this viva email of late but this would be deadly and accurate in close quarters.I think they state somewhere it's like 900-1200RPM and no recoil boys and girls thats the deadly part.A handful of these flippin and floppin through your body if they decide to exit would be the end of most. :salute: Cheers

Attachments

• AM15-1.WMV
    1.8 MB · Views: 62
Seen that one somewhere else,pretty cool, would have to buy a hell of alot of CCI stingers thou.

For an unprotected human in the open, very deadlky but any type of cover and those light bullets are all over the place. That's why we always had an M14 in the squad.
but the almost zero recoil is neat, no rise that I could see

I did not think of the cover issue Mike.I think a 22 magnum bullet would fix alot of that @45G and 2000+ f/s for light strutures.

The AR-15/M-16 .22 round has a heavier bullet 55G and 3000 ft/s (as I recall) but even foliage can deflect the round though its fragmentation on impact make a h*ll of a wound in human flesh. With the M14 hide behind a tree and we shoot the tree down.
I do like the no rise aspect. At least most of the rounds are actually on target

Mike I have an M1a the civilian brother of the M14 just a semi only and have cut down some 3-4 trees before :).The deal I like about this is as you mentioned no rise,no recoil and a sustained volley.The barrel if made porperly thick would not heat up and start a stray problem.In the right enviroment of close quarters 1-2" planks of wood you are going down.Hell hiding behind a sinder block would not be safe after 50rds or so I am through the wall and each mag hold 275rds.

Yea, I can see that. Pretty much the same in Vietnam. spray and pray. on full auto it's pretty much one low, one on, and one high. so on full auto 15 rounds you might get one or two hits. with the heavy foliage bullets were deflected everywhere, sometimes that was not a bad thing as you really didn't know what you were shooting at anyway. but if we had a definite target the M14 was the choice.
with everyone on full auto estimates were 20,000 rounds per VC killed.
So with no rise that little bullet hose would be very effective. Glad I don't have to pay for your ammo

I REALLY want one of these.... a belt fed 22lr version of a browning ma deuce!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnPmXJGHobU

what makes 5.56 and 9mm good are they are excellent rounds for full auto. very controllable and you can get pretty accurate with them in FA ( especially the 9). the 556 like mike said wont do much to break brush while the 9 has pretty good penetration but not the range. i like 30 cal....308 ( even 762x 39). but off hand in full auto its a bitch. i dont have the muscle to keep it from climbing. the G3 with a 5 round burst...first one goes in the gut...second one may hit the head but most likely will miss high...the rest you are duck hunting. HOWEVER, put that same gun on a bipod and you can write your name. the old m2 carbine i always thought was a decent all around contender. the round was basically a 9mm real long....it had some punch...medium range and you could control it even on FA.

Bobby, you can stop the climb but generally you over correct, drop low, allow to climb again. by that time your out of ammo and the whole process starts again. With the 30 round mags you get a bit more time to control about 2+ seconds but you really don't know where the rounds are going. Tracer rounds help but then you are advertising your position.
The 3-round limiter on full auto is an attempt to correct this.
I always liked the M14 but that ammo was too heavy to carry very much.
I finally settled on the 9mm Uzi though most of our teams used the CAR-15

Users who are viewing this thread

Back