How do you hang your models?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

you pay for all those new clothes she buys, then she tells you that ur wasting money on models and that it's a world of practicality now, look who's talking :|

:rolleyes: Hi guys:

I know what your talking about. I´m married and we are together since 1979 (28 years !!!). When I began modelling again in 2000 I suffered the same torture from my wife. But with patienece and some agreements I encountered a solution. Now I have a space for my hobbie and she doesn´t bother anymore. But yes, I always have to hide the new adquisitions when I introduce them home. That´s a universal prblem. Don´t know a married modeller who doesn´t have it

With all do respect, i have to say Glass shelves detract from the models. I prefer White shelving myself, but i DO understand it is preferance. Those that were displayed were all very well done and kudos for your efforts....but when models are all seen at once it takes your eye away from each well done model by itself. As far as Hanging>>>>>>>I use fine fly line leader...it is strong...virtually invisible and not too expensive. I go fly-fishing so it is in my bag....but go to a fly shop or sportsmans shop and ask for 6X fly line tippet. Oh....and it does not collect dust.
Position one around the prop...or props(two-half-knots) and one around the tail. Hanging models isnt a pity either...its totally normal to display an aircraft model doing what it is famous for....FLYING. Not parked on shelf.
And im not biased because mine are all on shelves too. however i do take my lesser models(airfix,italerei,heller, et al) and hang them to depict certain scenes

This is a very good idea.

Yes it is. Remember to take into account how much room you have in your house for multiple acylic see-thru boxes and are they stackable and are the models really worthy of such treatment. Modelling should remain fun and as long as children arent rummaging your shelves your models should be pretty safe in the open. Dust is an abhorration to all model and when they sit too long in any place it can be a problem. If all coatings have been applied properly that an mini-micro vac or can of electronic dust-off should be in order. Anything much more than this and it would be akin to expecting your kids should continue protecting them after your demise.
Well then?

"It sucks to be right all the time"
-The guy that turned left

Only once did I hang up a model, the 1/72 scale water bomber (actually forget the name of the kit at the moment) was living in a basement apartment peole upstairs had a party, someone got drunk started jumping around and me bomber crashed......

still looking at hobby shows and swap meets to replace it

Bummer about the drunk upstairs.

For sheer lack of space (partly because my Lord of the Rings figures take up soo much room,) I hang my model airplanes. They actually look pretty cool flying. I do dislike the dust.

If I ever make a really good model I might think about protecting it inside a case.

But since the ones right now look........:oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back