Hungarian Air Force and Museums

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

After 13 years the last service to Pápa AFB. The renewal and decorative painting supplies is due in September.

that Draken seems to be ex-Swedish Airforce (Svenska Flygvapnet)
You've not been there yet Evan? Surprise! Visiting the local aviation msueums would be the first thing I'd do! :D

Did you also notice the Viggen at Szolnok? Th Swedes frequently exchange aircraft with Eastern Bloc museums; the Polish collection at Kracow also has a Draken. A lot of these museums have a bunch of airframes that they hold for trading purposes. I once spoke to the aircraft curator at the Kracow museum who showed me round; he told me his wish list and what he had in store for exchange. Mostly Polish built MiGs and things.

Interesting images.

Last edited:
Funds dictate visits unfortunately! Some of these museums are an expensive train trip away from me.
Have visited Szolnok AFB and museum, the Ferihegy airport museum and the Kecskemet air base however. some beautiful aircraft to see!

Condition of exhibits is sadly also dictated by funds (of course), and open air storage takes it's toll.

Renovated MiG-21bis aircraft and a memorial park for the AFB.
Bonus 2 photo, a rare variant of the aircraft, who is still waiting for the fulfillment of destiny.

Renovated MiG-21bis aircraft and a memorial park for the AFB.
Bonus 2 photo, a rare variant of the aircraft, who is still waiting for the fulfillment of destiny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back