Hurricane P3717/DR348

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello everyone,
Do any of you knowledgeable people know how 'original' Hurricane P3717/DR348 (which is flying and displaying in the UK) is? I am keen to know how much of the wartime aircraft (either P3717 or DR348) still exists in today's airframe, and what was replaced in the modern restoration. I have done a bit of hunting around online and found mention of a replacement wing for the original airframe and a different engine. Does anyone know what was replaced to get P3717 flying again? Thankyou!
1724175659434.jpeg

Most likely very little to perhaps some original parts were used.

I wasn't able to find photos of P3717/DR348 when recovered, but here are some examples of other Hurricanes recovered from Russia.

Most likely very little to perhaps some original parts were used.

I wasn't able to find photos of P3717/DR348 when recovered, but here are some examples of other Hurricanes recovered from Russia.

Hey mjfur, thanks for taking the time to reply and for the links. Yes considering the condition of what are now old airframes, those recovered from crash sites presumably require more reconstruction than restoration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back