I-16

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi,

In particular from the engine and from the cockpit. I've got some pictures but these are from Aircraft with some cockpit wiring removed. So any info is welcome.:)

Evan,

I know that there is an I-16 flying in New Zealand. Did you have seen it?
I've send a mail to them but they don't give any reply.:(
If you're looking for particular stuff let me know.

Michel

KMK Scaleworld

Thanks mate!

I saw one of them at the Fighter Pilot's Museum in Wanaka, NZ, when I was last there in '96. It was owned by the Alpine Fighter Collection, and was the first of six aircraft restored by them to airworthy condition from aircraft recovered in Russia. I think they are the world's only airworthy examples.
Since then, four I think have been sold overseas, while 2 remain in NZ with the AFC.

That 'kiwi aircraft images' link I posted has more info on them, and Daniel ('109 Roaming') was at the FPM not long ago - maybe he can give you an update.
Was it the AFC you tried to get in touch with, btw?

Evan,

Yes indeed but I didn't receive anything yet.
But I've got the most I think.
I'm currently building the I-16 Type 10 and it's going to be good.:)
You're lucky you live in New-Zealand. Very beautiful country!

Michel

Actually I don't live there at the moment, although she is a beautiful country! I've been living overseas for the last 14 years (last 7 in Hungary).

What scale is your I-16 going to be? I've got an ICM 1:72 type 24 lined up for the Cold War group build, which I'll be converting to a two-seat UTI-4 in Polish colours!

Evan,

I'm building the I-16 Type 10 from Eduard and it's going to be the type which has been used for training in 1944. The decals and colours in the kit are incorrect but the good one is on Hobbyvista.
It's going to be very weathered.:lol:
It's also for a Groupsbuild but it's going to be finished later.

Michel

Nice one Michel, look forward to seeing how she comes along!

Thanks for that info too, Greif! I'd heard of that kit actually, but will still convert mine from my ICM kit - it is BEAUTIFULLY detailed!

I-16 with M-63 engine. Manual from 1941.

Attachments

• I-16 TO samoliota s motorom M-63 (1941) part1.pdf
    13.5 MB · Views: 415
  • I-16 TO samoliota s motorom M-63 (1941) part2.pdf
    19.5 MB · Views: 192
  • I-16 TO samoliota s motorom M-63 (1941) part3.pdf
    17.7 MB · Views: 212
  • I-16 TO samoliota s motorom M-63 (1941) part4.pdf
    10.4 MB · Views: 259

Users who are viewing this thread

Back