I think I found a B-24

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I don't get up that way that often (it's about 70 miles from my house) but then next time I'm there I'll try to go by that place.

She's Still there. Date stamp on the image is 2017

LB-30.jpg

Well spotted. You know this might be a good subject for a thread... how many warbirds can you find on google or yahoo maps... folks would be scouring the world maps for lost planes... :)

I found a PBY wing once. I was at Fantasy of Flight and took a, shall we say, "indirect" route back to where I had parked my airplane.

So it probably was not much of a discovery.

Used to be when I was driving to Shawnee OK for a flying lesson I could see what was a wing, probably C-47, up against the fence along the South side of I-40 to the East of Tinker AFB. I went looking for it in the area, figuring that there might be some other neat stuff there, but never could figure out where it was. We did not have GPS then.

Last info I saw, was that AL557 had been purchased by Ron Buccarelli and had been moved to his place in Fl. That info was from 2019.
Just IM Thom - he responded immediately. Yep, he said Buccarelli brokered the deal, doesn't know the status

Users who are viewing this thread

Back