I was feeling patriotic... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maestro

Master Sergeant
Hi.

I've been feeling somehow patriotic lately as I'm currently looking for a Canadian flag "back patch" to sew on my jeans jacket. I found a lot of back patches, most of them with American flags/symbols on them, but none with a Canadian flag/Pearson flag.

That site as a few good examples of what I found...
PATCHES WHOLESALE, Embroidered Patches, Biker Patches, Military Patches, Christian Patches

Has anyone an idea on where I could find a back patch with a Canadian flag/Pearson flag ? Because I would feel a little cheap to buy a standard 12" long flag to sew on the back on my jacket... Plus I doubt that the standard fabric will last for very long.

Attachments

• CanadaFlag.gif
    CanadaFlag.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 360
  • ca!1964p.gif
    ca!1964p.gif
    6.5 KB · Views: 631
I know about the one on the left but this is hte first time I've seen the one on the right. Pearson flag? What's the story behind that?

The Pearson Flag was the first idea for our National flag... It was pushed by Prime Minister Lester B. Pearson in the 60s (you get why it was called that way, now).

In my book, that flag is more representative of our country than our current one. (One leaf for the native, one for the French and a third for the English, all joint together with blue bars to show that French are 25% of the population.) But that one was discarded because of the fact that blue isn't an official Canadian colour... So to buy peace with the Monarchists, the government voted for the red and white flag.

To be honest, I grew up thinking that Canadians were all one people, and the Maple Leaf was the symbol for Canada.

That, and I thought the money was cool looking, too!

To be honest, I grew up thinking that Canadians were all one people, and the Maple Leaf was the symbol for Canada.

It would be hard to explain this without going deep into Canadian politics, but to make it short : we are not "all one people". Every ethnic groups keep pulling the blanket on their side.

That's all I'm allowed to say on here as politic discussions are banned from this forum.

That, and I thought the money was cool looking, too!

You're damn right on this point, though. Our money isn't just cool looking... It is also one of the thoughest for criminals to copy because of the technology used to make it.

Thanks for the info Maestro. Didn't know about the Pearson flag. Pretty cool.

I'm with Grau on knowing about Canada. Don't get much history on it down here. To tell the truth, we don't get much history on the US anymore either!

Observations on History
1. History is a set of lies agreed upon by the victor
2. Any event once it has occurred can be made to seem inevitable by a competent historian
3. History would be a wonderful thing - if only it were true
4. History repeats itself and History never repeats itself are equally true

Okay... After looking on different sites, I haven't found any "Canadian-related" back patch. But I found a nice one (with the wolf head) and a few funny ones. (Although I wouldn't wear the wolf one as it looks way too much like a criminal biker patch... And those bikers in Canada are pretty territorial, so I could end up with a bullet in the back just for wearing one on the street.)

Taken from : Biker shirts, motorcycle patches, motorcycle jacket, and biker apparel

Attachments

• PPA3860.jpg
    PPA3860.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 819
  • PPA2072.jpg
    PPA2072.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 397
  • PPA3482.jpg
    PPA3482.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 272
  • PPA3850.jpg
    PPA3850.jpg