I was finally able to lay my mother at rest.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

at6

1st Sergeant
Jun 15, 2011
Fresno, California
O n Friday 6/19/20 I was finally able to lay my mother at rest. As originally post back on 3/16/20, my mother passed away. There funeral wasn't held in what might be considered as "normal". We had no pastor in an official capacity even though my own pastor was there as my friend. While I new that I would be at her services, I never expected to be conducting them. As God would have it I was tasked and honored with performing her services myself. My friend said that it was the nicest service that he had ever attended due to the personal connection that I had with my mother. It's not often that I know of that the first born son is given such a responsibility. With that said, I am now at total peace with my loss.

Last edited:
O n Friday 6/19/20 I was finally able to lay my mother at rest. As originally post back on 3/16/20, my mother passed away. There funeral wasn't held in what might be considered as "normal". We had no pastor in an official capacity even though my own pastor was there as my friend. While I new that I would be at her services, I never expected to be conducting them. As God would have it I was tasked and honored with performing her services myself. My friend said that it was the nicest service that he had ever attended due to the personal connection that I had with my mother. It's not often that I know that the first born son is given such a responsibility. With that said, I am now at total peace with my loss.

Glad you are at peace.

Thank you. I still wish that she were here to enjoy the Tomatoes that we've been having lately. She would eat them like candy. Even if we did have our differences, she was always still my mother. I've completely disowned my youngest 1/2 sister for the way she treated my mother. I won't go into any details but I can't stand even the mention of her name. Thank God that she wasn't at the funeral.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back