ICM 1:72 scale Heinkel He 51

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Would love to see you join us with either one of those entries Graham. I just posted this thread for the information of those who haven't done a GB before. Though it starts tomorrow, you can enter any time, as long as you finish by the scheduled end of the GB.

I have the following all in 1:72 scale. JU88A-4, Ju86B-2, He115C-1,He119. The He 115 not sure if that really qualifies as a bomber, The He119 was sort of intended as a light fast bomber but never made it into production. Then of course there's the Enola Gay B-29. Definately would like to join, first time for everything !

Sounds good. I would agree that the 115 probably wouldn't fit the theme, nor would the 119 if it was never produced.
The He115 was probably more Marine reconnaissance and torpedoes. The He119 they did build, even a float version but it was an oddity and more experimental than anything. Definitely a bizarre aircraft if anything !

The He 51 is done. Doing the stays with EZ Line was a snap once I got all the wing struts sorted out. Now I'm kind of thinking of digging the Swordfish, Gladiator and Fury out of the RAF graveyard of kits I built as a kid and having a go at them !

Attachments

• He51 (15)r.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 148
  • He51 (18)r.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 150
  • He51 (20)r.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 159
  • He51 (23)r.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 152
Great job Graham!

Have both versions myself (we seem to share the same interests actually - everything you've posted recently I have in the stash!)
The words I most associate with the B-2 are 'filling' and 'sanding', though as you said, the detail is fantastic.

I like the Luftwaffe aircraft. When I was a kid a friend of mine and I started a collection, He, Axis air craft, myself Allied starting with the RAF . I was always a bit jealous though of the so many iconic German planes and different camouflage patterns. I mean how far can you take Flat Earth Brown and Olive Drab Green ? When I picked up the hobby again some 20 years ago it was German all the way ! I still have most of the RAF collection in various states of disrepair and layers of dust.

I know the feeling Graham!
Apart from random things I like, I have 2 main themes - the NZPAF/ RNZAF, and the Deutschen Luftwaffe, 1936-45.
As I would need 3 lifetimes to build one of each type used by both, I decided a couple of years ago to concentrate on the RNZAF. Problem is the Luftwaffe types are so damn interesting, and keep sneaking into the collection!!!

Users who are viewing this thread