ID neede

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

hawkeye2an

Staff Sergeant
Mar 18, 2009
St Joseph, Missouri
This image was posted by a local and I am supposed to be the expert, but this one has me stumped, any help?
Rosecrans 2 2.jpg
This

It has a lot of elements of the Jenny. Looks to me like a Super Sized version with a large engine, I am not aware of any development of that type. I have been going through all of Aerofiles in the search, so far up to G.

I think the 3 bay wings rule out any Curtis JN sub type. Did they make a version were the lower wing was the same length as the upper wing, and a 3rd set of interplane struts?

I do agree it does resemble a Curtis JN in some ways. But I don not think it is, But I do not have another idea. I looked through pictures of early 20's airline conversions with no luck.

I think the 3 bay wings rule out any Curtis JN sub type. Did they make a version were the lower wing was the same length as the upper wing, and a 3rd set of interplane struts?

I do agree it does resemble a Curtis JN in some ways. But I don not think it is, But I do not have another idea. I looked through pictures of early 20's airline conversions with no luck.
Yes, I am doing the same. I have been slowly going through Aerofiles and am up to H so far with no luck.

A Breguet 16 is described as a 2 bay biplane, but when you look at a picture, it has 3 bays, 6 vertical struts per side.
Several different companies in Europe converted both DH-4s and Breguets to a small enclosed cabin with open cockpits for the pilot.
This could easily be one varient of a Breguet 16.

A Breguet 16 is described as a 2 bay biplane, but when you look at a picture, it has 3 bays, 6 vertical struts per side.
Several different companies in Europe converted both DH-4s and Breguets to a small enclosed cabin with open cockpits for the pilot.
This could easily be one varient of a Breguet 16.
Its closer, but the Cabane Struts are wrong, and the landing gear of the Breguet 16 is much longer. I can't tell from the image what the wing tips look like.

Still a better Idea than I have though as I have nothing!

Breuget is a good suggestion, but their landing gear was more robust and the radiator (and cowling) was squared.
Most also had an exhaust stack that rose out of the center of the upper cowling, extending above the upper wing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back