Identify the model kit

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

stona

Major
Mar 28, 2009
Anyone able to identify the models visible in this screen shot? It is from the hilarious 'Likely Lads' which Brits of a certain age will remember well. The episode was broadcast in 1974. The kits would need to have been available in 1973/4 at the latest.

models_LL_zpsevaogcqv.gif

I'm confident about the Monogram/Revell 1/48 B-17 and I think that the Airfix 1/24 Hurricane was available at this time. I'm stumped by the P-51 which looks like it might be about 1/32 or 1/35scale.

The female character (the woman at number 39 with whom Terry is hoping for some 'action') moans about her husband's hobby and that the house smells of 'balsa and glue', but I reckon those are all plastic kits :)

Cheers

Steve

The Mustang could be the old 1/32 scale Monogram one with the landing gear that retracted with a rotating knob on the belly. It also had levers to drop the bombs. I built one when I was a teenager.

I agree - they also did a 'Phantom Mustang', with clear fuselage and internal detail. I built one back in the 1970's.
However, if it's in 1/24th scale, which it could be, just comparing size against the door frame in the background, then the Airfix 1/24th scale kit was released in late 1971, early 1972, at a price of £2.50 !!!

I think the Hurricane above the P-51 is the Airfix 1/24 kit which might make the 1/32 Monogram kit favourite for the P-51.

Thanks for the input, I'd forgotten about the Monogram P-51 :)

Cheers

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back